What Does Your Username Mean?

The general forum for talk about all things BumbleKingy!

Re: What Does Your Username Mean?

Postby Kiwi555 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 am

Kiwi555
BumbleFan

Postby BigIslandYU2 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 am

Naoto Oshima was the artist who created the original character design of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Yuji Naka was the lead programmer for Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) and many subsequent Sonic games, as well as a producer for nearly all of Sonic Team's work up until around 2006.

In Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), Naoto Oshima is credited as "Big Island", and Yuji Naka is credited as "YU2".

Thus, I thought it fitting to duplicate their names as my own. Regrettably, I have not been able to replicate their talent.
BigIslandYU2
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 pm

BigIslandYU2 wrote:Naoto Oshima was the artist who created the original character design of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Yuji Naka was the lead programmer for Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) and many subsequent Sonic games, as well as a producer for nearly all of Sonic Team's work up until around 2006.

In Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), Naoto Oshima is credited as "Big Island", and Yuji Naka is credited as "YU2".

Thus, I thought it fitting to duplicate their names as my own. Regrettably, I have not been able to replicate their talent.

So that's what your username means! That's an interesting idea for your username. I sometimes wondered what it meant ever since you told us to guess what it meant when you first joined the forum.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Tsurugi » Sun May 20, 2012 4:13 pm

That's a pretty cool tribute tribute to Sonic's fathers, BigIsland :)
Last edited by Tsurugi on Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Pickles » Sun May 20, 2012 4:24 pm

My user name:
My cousin got me hooked on Sonic comics (in 2005),,, he made a character named Pickles (after favoite food) the Dog (after favorite animal)
He tried to make an account on BumbkeKing but it wasn't accepted... Eventually he got cancer and died in december.
I was so crushed, we both loved the comic, we even watched satAM tv show together.
When he died I was so crushed, I was depressed for almost a month, he was my best friend.
I signed up for bumbleking with my own characters name but that didn't work,,, eventually I tried again exept with picklesthedog (his character name) and it worked.....

(3 days before he died, he asked me and the family to cremate his body as well as his comics, he wanted his ashes mixed together with his comics,,, and we did that)
Pickles
BumbleKnight

Postby Scruffy » Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 pm

picklesthedog wrote:My user name:
My cousin got me hooked on Sonic comics (in 2005),,, he made a character named Pickles (after favoite food) the Dog (after favorite animal)
He tried to make an account on BumbkeKing but it wasn't accepted... Eventually he got cancer and died in december.
I was so crushed, we both loved the comic, we even watched satAM tv show together.
When he died I was so crushed, I was depressed for almost a month, he was my best friend.
I signed up for bumbleking with my own characters name but that didn't work,,, eventually I tried again exept with picklesthedog (his character name) and it worked.....

(3 days before he died, he asked me and the family to cremate his body as well as his comics, he wanted his ashes mixed together with his comics,,, and we did that)

That's a heartbreaking and beautiful story, Pickles. My deepest condolences to you. :(
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Kiwi555 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:59 pm

...Come here. *internet hug*
Kiwi555
BumbleFan

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sun May 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Aww I'm so sorry about your cousin there Pickles. :( I hope that he will have a nice time in heaven.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Scourge160 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 am

picklesthedog wrote:(3 days before he died, he asked me and the family to cremate his body as well as his comics, he wanted his ashes mixed together with his comics,,, and we did that)
Wow. Now that's a dedicated fan! :shock: Such a sad and moving story. :cry:
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

Postby Pickles » Mon May 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks everybody for the support, I was in tears writing the post. He did go to heaven, he was probably the most obsessed Sonic lover I know. :)
Pickles
BumbleKnight

Postby Tsurugi » Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 pm

To bump up the thread a bit, anyone else got any name origins they'd like to share?
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm

My username is based on a Sonic fan character I created. He's named after Spectre from the Archie Comics, and he's a hybrid of three Mobian species: Hedgehog, Echidna, and Bat. Thus, his species name consists of parts of each of them: Hedgehog-Echidna-Bat.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby CaleTheCat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Well... It's kinda simple. It's based on my fancharcter, Cale the Cat(simple, right!). Cats are my favorite animals, so obviously my OC had to be cat.

The name, on the other hand... It took a quite long time, but I finally got it: As some of you might have noticed, Cale is quite similiar to the word "Gale". And since wind and air are one of my most favorite elements... Well, yeah.

You can check Cale's picture on my deviantArt page, right here.
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby 4Ks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 am

Well, the first forum I ever joined was on called Atari Age (basically the main hub for Atari fans and general retro gamers online) and I wanted a username that had something to do with the Atari 2600. Back during the late 70's and early 80's, most 2600 games were 4 kilobytes in size, so I decided to use an abbreviation of that as my name. It wasn't until well after I had signed up and was already posting that I was informed the actual abbreviation for 4 Kilobytes is 4Kbs, not 4Ks. But it was too late by then, and 4Ks rolls off the tongue better anyway. I've been using that name everywhere I go since then, with some variations (4Kbs on Minecraft and four-kay-ess on PSN, because in both cases 4Ks was taken already).
4Ks
BumbleFan

Postby MetaL Overlord » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Mine is based on the Ultimate Form of Metal Sonic , the Metal Overlord. I choose it , because i am a big Fan of Metal Sonic and regard him as Sonic's most deadly Rival and Enemy , besides Eggman. I admire his Determination in fulfilling his Primary Goal , as he was created not only to best Sonic , but to Surpass him. He is sleek, he is deadly , he is an awesome Design, he is vastly powerful(even though one of his abilities is a potential Story-breaking Power if abused) and is much cooler then Shadow as a Rival. Rant end
MetaL Overlord
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKourt