It's Morphin' Time! (Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread)

The general forum for talk about all things BumbleKingy!

It's Morphin' Time! (Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread)

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Hey as you can tell from my user name im a power rangers fan.

So i decided it was time to make a power ranger based thread.

If you like or at least saw the original then feel free to post and if your still a fan today then disscuss new episodes as they air.

Another reason i made this tread is the series is ending this year so i wanted to make this to remember the show after the end so post away.
Last edited by SonicBlueRanger on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 pm

The series is ending this year?! :cry:
I always kind of figured they would be making more seasons for years to come.

Power Rangers was a part of my childhood and I'm sorely disappointed to know that its end comes this year. I can't believe I haven't heard about it.

I watched the Power Rangers when I was young and I'm sort of embarassed to say that I still do watch some of the newer epsisodes. I don't follow it doggedly but I do get DVDs of the newer seasons to keep up with it.

I don't really tell my friends I still like watching it. I don't really think they would mind except its not something I want to spread around.

I'm a fan of the series and I get a very strong sense of nostalgia from watching. Again, I don't keep up with it on a normal basis but when I do watch I nearly always enjoy the experience.

I'm sad to see it come to an end but I suppose its just its time.
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:24 pm

No its just disney who own it now just think its not worth making any more it was supposed to have been canceled last year but jetix wanted to make one more season so they desided to go out with a bang.

By the way have you been whatching the new season RPM?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Tcat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Tommy is still the sexiest Ranger out there. :D Dragonzord ftw.

/thread.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 pm

O_o OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK then tommys cool................

Divatox was a hot villan :(hearty laughter): .
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Gigazubyte » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm

They're still making Super Sentai though, aren't they?

Any, I was definitely a Power Rangers kid, and in fact never saw SatAM because changing channels during Morphin' Time was inconceivable. I just lost interest in it around Turbo though, and as I understand it that's regarded by many as one of the worst seasons

Tommy is certainly the most storied ranger, and arguably the best fighter... but he still lost one on one to Jason. Original Red Ranger for the win.
Gigazubyte
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm

Yes they are as far as i know im on dial up but if a wasnt i would watch sentai to replace PR.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 am

I wish Disney would release DVD season sets already. I miss being able to watch PR.

Haven't seen any since Dino Thunder, when my VCR died.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 am

Count yourself,spd-operation overdrive wernt great there worth seeing once though,jungle fury was cool and rpm is epic you can see it on abc kids only.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby The Loose Cannon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:28 am

I stopped watchin Power Rangers after a few episodes of Lightspeed Rescue. I think around Turbo was when I started gettin bored with the Rangers then In Space regained my interest.

A few years ago when I was flippin channels, I saw a show and saw a familiar face and it turned out to be Tommy Oliver in Dino Thunder! The nostalgia kicked in and checked out a few episodes. (Yellow Ranger in this series was pretty cute.) After Dino Thunder ended, I stopped watchin again.

I still have alot of the toys from the MMPR and Zeo era and few from Turbo and In Space. I have the Ninja Megazord, Falcon Zord, Tittanous the Ultra Zord and all of the Zeo Zords. I wish there was a box set on the old generation or at least MMPR.

I'll always remember the impact it had on me when I was a kid.
The Loose Cannon
BumbleFan

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 am

I didn't think about it earlier, but I just want to say what my favorite Power Ranger season was.

My number one season is Time Force. Some other seasons come pretty close, but I think Time Force has always been my favorite. I like the rangers and the villains the best for the most part. It was also the first season where a couple of rangers actually had powers outside their suit form (super strength and E.S.P.).

Wesley is my favorite ranger. Tommy comes close, but Wes is still my favorite.

The villains in the Time Force series aren't all bad either. A lot of them have understandable motives. The mutants just want revenge on a world that never accepted them. Frax used to be a human and he wants revenge on Ransik for ruining his life. The villains aren't irredeamable though. They are just people who have been dealt bad cards and have reacted in the wrong way.

By the way, who else saw the Forever Red episode. Best episode ever.
Last edited by mynameisofnoimportance on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby Lengai » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 am

I don't think I ever actually watched it, but I did "play" it with friends. My sister and our friend Allison would always take the yellow and pink, though, so I had to be a boy. :C That upset me.
Lengai
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 am

mynameisofnoimportance wrote:I didn't think about it earlier, but I just want to say what my favorite Power Ranger season was.

My number one season is Time Force. Some other seasons come pretty close, but I think Time Force has always been my favorite. I like the rangers and the villains the best for the most part. It was also the first season where a couple of rangers actually had powers outside their suit form (super strength and E.S.P.).

Wesley is my favorite ranger. Tommy comes close, but Wes is still my favorite.

The villains in the Time Force series aren't all bad either. A lot of them have understandable motives. The mutants just want revenge on a world that never accepted them. Frax used to be a human and he wants revenge on Ransik for ruining his life. The villains aren't irredeamable though. They are just people who have been dealt bad cards and have reacted in the wrong way.

By the way, who else saw the Forever Red episode. Best episode ever.

Yes to Time Force i had only seen a couple of episodes of Lightspeed Rescue but Time Force was the season that got me back in full time.

Forever Red had a good idea but should have been a two parter or movie plus the great serpantera was defeated by a monkey boy on a flying motorcycle when the original rangers couldent defeat it with the megazord or tor.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:59 pm

I haven't seen any major season since Ninja Storm.

Looking at the fight scenes now, my bro and I go, they are so FAKE! But we loved them when we were younger.
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Again im going to say rpm is awsome if your not watching then start dont judge by the theme song its well writin and the action scenes are better than all other disney seasons put together.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Next

Return to The BumbleKourt