A good pairing for Omega?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Moderators: Dub, LBD_Nytetrayn, Ian Flynn, Kureejii Lea, Tracy Yardley!

Postby Tcat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:47 am

My two cents? Heavy and Omega. Raaaaaaawr.

Dub wrote:How does a cold, unfeeling robot get romantic?
WHY would a cold, unfeeling robot get romantic?
Furthermore...I don't understand why this fandom is so obsessed with pairing anything that speaks together?

/end quote.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Kooo

Postby FrogLenzen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:03 am

Omega will go out with Buns. Obviously. BUT, he will then go to war and get a scar on his eye. Buns will break up with him for becoming too cowardly.

Then Metal Sonic will break up with Breezie after she slaps him in the face. Breezie and Omega will then get married and Metal Sonic will date Automaton Fionabot, until it's revealed that she actually works for Tails. Metal Sonic, having missed his chance with Breezie, will twiddle his robot thumbs until Metal Amy is created.

Robot love is the best. Wait... yeah, that's a lie.
FrogLenzen
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 am

It would be interesting to see what happens if Buns and Omega meet. I would suspect that Buns would think there’s a man in side of Omega and Omega would think Buns is just a female sounding robot. In tell told other wise.

:(hearty laughter): I can so see Buns hitting on Omega and Omega would be like that robot has a screw loose.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Tonberry2k » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 am

The answer is obviously Croctobot.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby FairFieldFinder » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 am

I can think of one. Omega and NICOLE. Here's a friend of mine who also supports it sharing his views on the couple.

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:NICOLE & Omega-Granted, this pairing isn't possible unless Omega is introduced into the series. But hear me out: you have NICOLE, an artificial intelligence member of the Freedom Fighters who wants to enjoy the full experience of being a true living being. You have Omega, a guy who hates Eggman and and is liable to develop emotions just like Metal Sonic did. Where else is NICOLE going to find romance? And who better to help Omega on his path to being a truly sentient being? It's just a thought, mainly from the fact that I just hope that Omega gets to be in the comics.

He does have some good points. And Omega being in a romantic relationship would be a huge character development.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am

How would Omega help NICOLE grow closer to a 'real' being in terms of feelings and emotions? She's already had romantic emotions with Sonic, and Omega's so content in his own robotic state he'd only be confused by her wishes to be anything else.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

Penguin God wrote:How would Omega help NICOLE grow closer to a 'real' being in terms of feelings and emotions? She's already had romantic emotions with Sonic, and Omega's so content in his own robotic state he'd only be confused by her wishes to be anything else.

One of the biggest missed opportunities that bugs me still is a huge development for Omega in Sonic06.

We have early access to the English script, so as I was reading through it I was playing out the events in my head as I would with the comic script. Right after Team Dark returns from the future, Omega personally hunted down Mephiles.

When next we saw them, Omega was ineffectively shooting at him. Mephiles taunted Omega about the latter's victory to come and that's when Omega really dished out the heavy fire power. He then haltingly confessed to being the one who would bring Shadow down in the near future.

That Omega took on the mission himself and reacted so violently was extraordinarily telling. He was ashamed of having defeated his comrade and the only way he knew how to react was to do what he always did - lash out, which provided him with nothing.

It could've been a remarkably deep character moment for him. Instead, we got the hopelessly wooden portrayal with none of the understanding behind it, let along a proper set-up.

Ah well.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Penguin God » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 am

Well, that is very good characterization, and while it does give Omega more depth as a person, I don't really see how it's relevant to the case at hand, actually...

Omega's sense of comradery, use of destruction as 'therapy' and conflicting loyalties are one thing, but I was talking about his feelings on being just a robot; he's always been completely fine with it. He doesn't yearn to be human. As long as he can hunt Eggman with his comrades Shadow and Rouge, he looks to be perfectly content; almost like a child with heat-seeking missiles. I don't think that would really translate that well into feelings for NICOLE, or feelings from her to him; they have no real common interests except for their robotic origin, which only one actually seems to care about.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby FairFieldFinder » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:22 am

Penguin God wrote:How would Omega help NICOLE grow closer to a 'real' being in terms of feelings and emotions? She's already had romantic emotions with Sonic, and Omega's so content in his own robotic state he'd only be confused by her wishes to be anything else.

And that's where the character development kicks in. Omega realises there's more to destruction and revenge.

Oh, and I think Spectre meant NICOLE could help Omega become more of "real" being.

IanPotto wrote:

One of the biggest missed opportunities that bugs me still is a huge development for Omega in Sonic06.

We have early access to the English script, so as I was reading through it I was playing out the events in my head as I would with the comic script. Right after Team Dark returns from the future, Omega personally hunted down Mephiles.

When next we saw them, Omega was ineffectively shooting at him. Mephiles taunted Omega about the latter's victory to come and that's when Omega really dished out the heavy fire power. He then haltingly confessed to being the one who would bring Shadow down in the near future.

That Omega took on the mission himself and reacted so violently was extraordinarily telling. He was ashamed of having defeated his comrade and the only way he knew how to react was to do what he always did - lash out, which provided him with nothing.

It could've been a remarkably deep character moment for him. Instead, we got the hopelessly wooden portrayal with none of the understanding behind it, let along a proper set-up.

Ah well.

Any thoughts on improving the war machine's love life, Ian?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 am

I'm just saying, it doesn't seem like a believable development for me; it's almost going off on a tangent with his character, instead of really expanding on it. With Omega, you already have a resentful childish force of destruction, who hates his creator but has troubles figuring out anything else to do. He's only starting to explore the concept of comradery, friendship and life; honestly, he's far too immature as a person to even consider a romantic relationship.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Sorry - was a bit tired when I wrote my bit.

The tie it into the discussion: I think there's definitely room to explore what extremely meager characterization Omega has. In terms of romance, though, I think that's so far beyond the scope of his character right now that it's beyond serious consideration.

Maybe in ten years, give or take some SEGA intervention, he might be to that point. I doubt it.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Penguin God » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Ah, well, yes. Er, I guess I can't disagree with that; Omega as a character is interesting and deserves a thorough exploration. I just don't think that him wanting to be human, or in a romantic relationship is the way to go about it. He has little to no qualms about his metallic status (in fact, he's pretty proud of it) and right now, he's far too blunt to even know what romance is. It'd be much better to focus on his limited plans for life, or his anger management issues than just to make these new tragedies up.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby shinginta » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

IanPotto wrote:Potto says things

Let's face it: If you don't play the game, and instead watch all the cutscenes for Shadow's story in 06, you're presented with many cool plot ideas and fantastic character interaction. You're also given the best portrayal of Shadow since Adventure 2. Since I did exactly that, I've wished that you could've somehow incorporated it into the comics.

Also: LAWL MADDIE BLAUSTEIN.

On-topic, though: It's really very difficult to see OMEGA having any romance. Like, of any sort whatsoever. Unless SEGA decides to hand us an Atropos to OMEGA's Robo and give us a pink recolor with a bow that also likes to destroy things, I don't see him finding romance in the games, either.
shinginta
BumbleNoble

Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center Non-Discriminatory AI Disposal Ditch

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 pm

My question to the OP is simple.

Why?
Sonia/Silver art by A-Bears Studio
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius