Username Origin Stories

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Username Origin Stories

Postby Specs64z » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Whoa! An original topic in the Kreative Korner?? Is that even allowed at this point???
Sarcasm aside, Crimson Knight's response to my question made me wonder about other usernames.

My story goes like this:
Specs was a nickname bestowed upon me by a girl I knew in middle school, though nobody else ever called me by it. I liked her and sort of adopted the name for myself in the online world as a result. Eventually, Specs became too simple for my complicated mind and I thought about how to enhance the nickname...
But of course! Numbers! I like mathy sciencey stuff! An even number with a square root that also reference games! 64! Perfection! ...or was it?
Shortly thereafter I decided it needed a third part to complete the awesomeness. So I added the letter "z" to the end. Why? Because "z" is awesome! I also considered the likes of "x", "w", and "y". It actually has nothing to do with Dragon Ball or pokémon, surprisingly. I've never actually been a huge fan of the Dragon Ball series, and I've more or less moved on to bigger and better RPGs.

It's probably a little late to make such a topic as this, and for all I know there already is a topic like this (I only checked a page back), but you know the old saying.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Re: Username Origin Stories

Postby Mordum » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 am

I originally wanted to use Singapore Sling, which is the title of a movie I really love. But it's also the name of an alcoholic drink, so I wasn't sure it would slide on an all ages board.

So I went with calling myself Mordum, a made up word that's part of the title "August Underground's Mordum", a horror film that's a notoriously realistic simulated found footage snuff film.

And now, in retrospect, I believe this may not have been a much better choice.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 am

If you couldn't guess after my avatar, mine is after my favorite villains (not necessarily the best villains of all time, but ones I like for one reason or another)
Metal = Metal Sonic (games)
Skulk = Skulker (Danny Phantom, cartoons)
Bane = Bane (Batman, comic books)
Funny enough M is firs letter of my real name and B of my last name. Now if only my middle name wasn't on J.

I used to go by "Chrobrzyc" after my favorite king of Poland (Bolesław Chrobry/ Boleslaw the Brave)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Tsurugi » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:35 am

My username mainly comes from the manga Digimon Next, and its main character Tsurugi Tatsuno, who's also my avatar. I really took a liking to the name so I decided to use it as my username.
Plus, Tsurugi is also the name of type of Japanese sword.
Last edited by Tsurugi on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:52 am

My username was initially a nod to the animation studio, GONZO, that back in the mid-00s was producing some visually-impressive stuff. Nowadays it's more or less just one of the two names I go by.
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:41 pm

I like Sonic and Power Rangers. Since Sonic's Blue the name sort of worked itself out.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Azul » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 pm

My favorite color is blue. Btw, genius thread. You deserve a cookie you smart cookie. But I guess that'd be cannabalism...Ya did good, m'kay?
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby FancyFool » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:24 pm

I consider myself a fool, the word itself being one that I love using, and I talk/type in a fancy way. Though now I wish I called myself "Furious Fool" instead given how *ahem* "passionate" I am. My typing/talking habit isn't even fancy to begin with...
FancyFool
BumbleFan

Postby Specs64z » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Azul wrote:My favorite color is blue. Btw, genius thread. You deserve a cookie you smart cookie. But I guess that'd be cannabalism...Ya did good, m'kay?

As long as it's a good cookie, it doesn't matter to me :twisted: also, thank you very much :)

Also, forgot to mention I wear glasses. That's kinda relevant. Spectacles -> Specs. So yeah.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:10 am

Specs64z wrote:As long as it's a good cookie, it doesn't matter to me :twisted: also, thank you very much :)

*Deep concern intensifies* Also, are we all doing the thing where our text gets progressively smaller or am I getting to excited because I thought I started a thing? Because man that'd be cool and/or embaressing. If things can can be both cool and embaressing. There should be a word for that...coolbaressing. Boom. I did that, that's my word. No one's allowed to use it. Lemme stop derailing, it's the last week.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby CaleTheCat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 am

You can do it this way too... See, I'm a rebel, I do it backwards. :D Anyway, my username origin story is pretty much found here.

--Fumo!!
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Those of you who've been around the forums around 2011-2013 might remember that this wasn't always my name ;3

Originally, I joined with the name "TheMobian", which I kept for a long time. I originally came up with the name when I joined DeviantART a number of months prior to joining BKC. Essentially all the name ideas I came up with were taken, and I was getting tired of trying to think of a good name preventing me from making my DA account, so I just decided on "TheMobian" off the top of my head because Mobians, and the fact that I think that mobius strips are cool XP

in late 2013 I joined the MLP community and began making music on youtube. At that point, I chose the name FritzyBeat for my channel, and that name eventually migrated to all the other sites I was on until it was my official new online moniker X3

The name originally came from my first fan character (Fritz the Fox) I made back in 2008 or so, I liked the name "Fritz" and wanted to reuse it somehow. I thought to myself that "Fritzy" was a cool word, but was astonished to find that it actually WASN'T a word XD So I chose "Fritzy", and then added "Beat" to it because music ;3

Put together, it actually ended up taking on new meaning too.

In my mind, saying something is "Fritzy" is like describing something that is "on the fritz" or "broken". Combine that with "Beat" and you get something along the lines of a Broken Beat. This fits quite nicely with my music as I rarely tackle the same style of music twice XP I'm always making different sorts of beats ;3

So yeah, that is why I am FritzyBeat c: Though my nicknames from before, like "Mobi" and "Mobs", have persisted regardless with old friends XP
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Diablo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:28 pm

I am the devil, and I have come to do the devil's work.
There you go, my nickname origin, 10/10, 100/100.
Diablo
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Gentleman is because everyone I've ever met seems to describe me as "nice", "thoughtful", "considerate", etc. Given that's how I was going to act online too, I figured it was appropriate. The X was because I'm just some guy, no one specific. I didn't know I could put a space between them, so I left them together; GentlemanX. After a while I wanted it to be a parody of Sonic X; my favorite Sonic cartoon and my favorite continuity other than pre-reboot Archie, so I considered changing it to Gentleman X a lot. But I'm very reluctant to change, so I never did, not once.

It's a little annoying when I go to a website where GentlemanX is taken because that means I need to use another name (see my deviantart and tumblr). I've really liked the nickname GX I got around here though, that was cool.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner