Kappa Krisis: a litte project of mine.

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Kappa Krisis: a litte project of mine.

Postby ValorZard » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi!

First off, I would like to say that I haven't been here in a VERY long time. The last time I was on the forum was about 8 months after the great Mary-Sue civil war of StH#225. Back then I was called sonicasianfan123. With that out the way, then:

This is a little project of mine called Kappa Krisis. Originally, it started a an idea as a video game, and then morphed into a idea for a web comic (and if you want to draw it for me, I'd be happy to provide you the script if you want!). But since I am a TERRIBLE artist, I decided to write a story instead.

Chapter 1 coming soon! ( I kind of want to rework it and make it better, so i removed the link.)
So comment/give criticism!
Last edited by ValorZard on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ValorZard
BumbleKnight

Re: Kappa Krisis: a litte project of mine.

Postby DudestofGuys » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

A few pieces of advice.

1. If you're serious about making a comic, you'll want to format your story accordingly. You need to keep the amount of content per page, what fits into which panel, how panels interact, staging, visual effects and other variables in mind as you write and edit your script.

2. You don't want to make your own wiki. Ignoring that you accidentally linked your WIP script twice, making your own wiki tells potential readers that you think you need an external resource for them to understand your work. That displays a lack of confidence and makes your audience think you aren't competent enough to just tell your story.

3. You're approaching artists in the wrong way. An artist drawing your original concept for you with no compensation, no artistic input from you outside of your script (as in no layouts, character designs, or any other observable content to work off of), and no creative freedom is in an EXTREMELY disadvantageous situation. They don't really gain anything from your partnership unless your script is brilliant (and if you're not experienced with writing, it's not). You'll either want to invest money in acquiring an artist or apply yourself to your goal and practice your artwork unti l you can at least provide SOMETHING for your collaborator.

4. You're writing in first-person. Unless your character is a self-insert, you'll want to shift to a third-person narrative. If your character IS a self-insert, you'll want to start over and try thinking about what kind of story you're making and why.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Re: Kappa Krisis: a litte project of mine.

Postby ValorZard » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Haha, yeah. I see what you mean.
I am not actually that serious about creating a web comic though. Would it be nice to have a illustration or something like that?
HECK YEAH! So that's why I said that. But your right, I have no real incentive for anyone to draw anything. Oh well. I guess I will
provide my own illustrations for now.

And the wiki is for me to write basic ideas for my story as in characters and the like. It helps me organize all my characters and settings
and keeps me on track. I have a tendency to get distracted. But yeah, your right, I should be more appealing to potential readers, so I will remove it until probably chapter 6.
Spoiler: show
Oh, yeah, and the narrator is not a self-insert. She might have some of my traits, but my actually self insert is coming later in the story .
ValorZard
BumbleKnight

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner