Sonic Adventure 2 Comic! (First Boss battle!)

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Re: Sonic Adventure 2 Comic!!

Postby Azul » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:10 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Not really a critique, but I want to mention in the original Dreamcast version, Sonic wears his original shoes at the start and once he's on the wing, you can barely see him swap to the Soap shoes. In all re-releases he wears his Soap shoes the whole time, but this was a mistake.

The actual goof was him wearing his regular sneakers in the first place. He had them on through out the beta version and in some of the commericals but he was intended to wear the soap shoes the whole game, hence why they changed it in Battle. Also,looking at the cutscene, the shoes switch without Sonic's input.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Ziggyfin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Azul wrote:
BlazeHeatnix wrote:Not really a critique, but I want to mention in the original Dreamcast version, Sonic wears his original shoes at the start and once he's on the wing, you can barely see him swap to the Soap shoes. In all re-releases he wears his Soap shoes the whole time, but this was a mistake.

The actual goof was him wearing his regular sneakers in the first place. He had them on through out the beta version and in some of the commericals but he was intended to wear the soap shoes the whole game, hence why they changed it in Battle. Also,looking at the cutscene, the shoes switch without Sonic's input.

I wasn't aware of any of this actually, haha! I knew he had his original shoes in the beta, but I didn't know it stuck in the Dreamcast for that one scene. The Soap shoes are a nice change to drawing Sonic :)

Speaking of drawing Sonic, here we go:

Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby Tsurugi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Ziggyfin wrote:Image
Just a small critique on page 2, but it looks like Sonic is both standing on an invisible platform behind the first panel, and grabbing onto the panel barrier as well as the helicopter in said panel. Makes it feel slightly jarring, but that aside I'm enjoying this comic so far Ziggy :) Keep up the good work.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Ziggyfin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:48 am

Tsurugi wrote:Just a small critique on page 2, but it looks like Sonic is both standing on an invisible platform behind the first panel, and grabbing onto the panel barrier as well as the helicopter in said panel. Makes it feel slightly jarring, but that aside I'm enjoying this comic so far Ziggy :) Keep up the good work.

Eeeeeyeah I do find that Sonic a bit wonky. I should have had his legs dangling behind him in the wind rather than in a standing position...live and learn! (Hanging on the edge of helicopter!)

Here's Page 4:

Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby Azul » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm really digging the progression of the comic so far. I like the characterization too. Keep it up, you've earned a loyal reader.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Ziggyfin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Azul wrote:I'm really digging the progression of the comic so far. I like the characterization too. Keep it up, you've earned a loyal reader.

Thanks very much! :mrgreen:

Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Burn it, Sonic.

Burn it.

loveeverybitofthisBTWkeepupthegoodwork *thumbs up*
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ziggyfin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:11 pm

This is what everyone wanted right? More Omochao?

Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:02 am

Sad how one fan does a better SA2 adaptation than an entire team of professional Archie writers and artists in 2001.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Sad how one fan does a better SA2 adaptation than an entire team of professional Archie writers and artists in 2001.

That's a little unfair statement. I'm not sure if Sega even gave them the game to work with. Plus, Ziggy has no time or page restrictions.
...Still, the artwork wasn't very good in StH 98, even Spaz drew some ugly images.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:01 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Sad how one fan does a better SA2 adaptation than an entire team of professional Archie writers and artists in 2001.

You see, there's one simple answer for that.

Ken Penders :I
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29 am

Penders didn't write the adaptation.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am

Toby wrote:Penders didn't write the adaptation.

He didn't? Huh, I thought he did, although I'm probably mixing it up with the original Adventure adapt, which he wrote most of it I believe.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:
Toby wrote:Penders didn't write the adaptation.

He didn't? Huh, I thought he did, although I'm probably mixing it up with the original Adventure adapt, which he wrote most of it I believe.

To be 100% precise: Bollers wrote first part of SA2 adaptation (Eggman finding diary, Sonic and humans, etc) while Penders handled Shadow's origin and Gerald's revenge.
As for SA1 they teamed up too: Bollers wrote most things with Sonic (plus backup where Amy meets Birdy) and Penders as always focused on Knuckles (plus backups about Big and Gamma). Last part was written by wholly written by Penders, second to last by Bollers and Special #13 was officially co-plotted by both of them, wrote by Bollers.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Ziggyfin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:14 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:

That's a little unfair statement. I'm not sure if Sega even gave them the game to work with. Plus, Ziggy has no time or page restrictions.
...Still, the artwork wasn't very good in StH 98, even Spaz drew some ugly images.

Though I've made myself a schedule, in reality I can take as long as I would like. All the creative freedom is mine and I'm very passionate about the game as well. I haven't read that comic in a long time but I remember loving how it tied into the Archie-verse and I'm still super jealous of Spaz's pencils. I think I was just very sad the story didn't continue after the last page.

Speaking of pages, here's a new one!

Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner