Archie Sonic: Online - MOVING! Check OP for link

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Re: New Archie Sonic: Online Discussion -Sign Up 4 Test Stor

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 pm

I am DigimonKaiser411, I'm aware of what's going on in the deviantart group. The reason I mention splitting the work into smaller stories is because that's a lot easier project to start and stop at this point in time, when so far no full comics have been produced for either group. Longer stories come later, right now there needs to be an established infrastructure in terms of making the actual comics, which is much easier to set up with short stories where work is on a much smaller scale; which is especially ideal for these test stories which aren't the actual goal of the comic.

1. This thread is for a, at this point, separate effort to adapt Lost Hedgehog Tales from the deviant art group. Unification with the deviantart group, or collaboration, is being discussed on and off between myself and TuxKnux (and others, but that's more attempting to have a conversation rather than actually having one). The artists who've posted here and the artists there are mostly different, the writers are equally different, etc. We have our own test stories we're working on that you can see through the thread. Because of this, we aren't changing our thread to reflect the names thrown around on the deviantart page; if we do work with them later I'd personally like to change their name, I think it's too fancomic-y.

2. Mobotropolis has agreed to host our eventual site for the comic, which I'd like to see modeled off Sonic the Comic Online's. I'm currently discussing other details about that with her privately, trying to organize my thoughts on site setup at this moment.

3. The heads of this group; myself, TuxKnux, and The Shadow Imperator, have a googledoc where we're discussing organizational and structural details about the comic. Other private communication, my current discussion with Mobotropolis for example, we've been doing through PMs. That is primarily just because it's a one-on-one communication method, this thread works fine for most items in need of discussion. For example, you could PM me your Geoffrey rewrite here, on deviantart, or just post it in this thread. Any of those methods would work.

Sorry if it's a little confusing, we're trying to consolidate efforts right now in hopes to produce more content.
Last edited by GentlemanX on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Oh. My name was mentioned.

Yep. My offer to host whatever you guys need is still valid. For now I can park it on a subdomain (thenameofthisproject.mydomain.com) but I can also grab a domain name once we finalize a name since they're relatively inexpensive (around $10) compared to the hosting (not $10). We're working out the details like what features/platforms to install and use. I'm not sure when you guys will need it, but I can make an honest effort to get most of the stuff set up for ya'll when I take my winter break at the end of the month.

I'm not a him tho'. *coughcoughcough*
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian PK » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 pm

So wait... there's two comics?
..why?
I'm looking forward to seeing a proper site for the comic, good to hear there are plans for that!
And honestly, I kind of need the practice with writing full stories as opposed to short ones, and along with what I already mentioned, I would really just rather keep the SA2 thing the way it is. Again, I'd be happy to do unrelated, shorter stories for the sake of practice for artists, though.
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 am

Ian PK wrote:So wait... there's two comics?
..why?

Exactly. But it's really because the devianart group developed there and the Bumbleking group developed here. TuxKnux is playing a big part in both, hence the idea of letting the two bleed into each other. Ideally, the goals of both groups would be the same and simply allow the two to increase the total amount of people involved and doing things, but we're having a hard time having that discussion.

So for now, I'm trying to foster creation here and there; getting people here to illustrate a short story I wrote earlier, while getting writers there to start making scripts there. Best scenario: we get both groups making comics and the two eventually come together and we make a lot of comics. If the two end up staying separate, or one stalls completely, that's how it goes, but this is being done in an effort to make some headway on multiple fronts, since there didn't seem to be much moving before.

Mobotropolis wrote:I'm not a him tho'. *coughcoughcough*

:oops: I'm so sorry, I usually don't think members in terms of gender because... well it's a forum. Won't make that mistake again. I'll let you know more about my ideas for the site soon.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Re: Archie Sonic: Online - Seeking Artists and Web Designers

Postby TuxKnux » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey all, the DA group got something done!
http://sonic-mobius.tumblr.com/

GentlemanX wrote:If the two end up staying separate, or one stalls completely, that's how it goes, but this is being done in an effort to make some headway on multiple fronts, since there didn't seem to be much moving before.

Getting things moving is kind of hard since we keep having to wait and wait for LHT... :|
I'm really hoping a LHT release will give this project some more life. It's felt rather empty having nothing happening here for a month.

Come on Ian, don't miss your release date again! (http://bumbleking.com/?p=576)
TuxKnux
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mobotropolis » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Edit: Wrong post, but I did have something for here!

Anyone know the pencilist for Mobian Legends? I know Drawlovalala did the cover.

It seems to be slow in general about the boards. Maybe partway because of the holiday. Maybe partway because we haven't had any new material to talk about on the official-side in a while. Maybe after the holidays things will pick up.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby TuxKnux » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:38 am

http://xsonicpencillerx.deviantart.com/ did the pencils for the story.

Yeah, I hope that's it and things will pick back up again soon.
TuxKnux
BumbleNewbie

Postby JohnTheDreamer » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Not sure about the current status of this project, but I'd be very invested in both writing and penciling. Also, I was considering animating the events after Ian finished releasing chapters, and having concrete, widely-agreed-upon depictions of his musings would be ideal.
JohnTheDreamer
BumbleNewbie

Postby faceclams » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:37 pm

So has everyone heard? Ian has decided to close this forum in a month or so, we better move our base of operations elsewhere. Maybe a dA group and/or a Skype group?
faceclams
BumbleNewbie

Postby GentlemanX » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:08 pm

...I had not, but I see that now. Huh.

But actually, this works out nicely to segue-way into something. Mobotropolis has been very kind in helping set up a site for us on her server, and we have a forum of our own! It even looks like Bumbleking which can serve as a sort of nostalgia.

I believe everything's set up that we can begin moving discussion on the project there, so feel free to sign up! We've still got the rest of this month to transition, and I hope to contact everyone involved here about the forum in case they miss it here, but feel free to use this thread for the rest of the month in conjunction with the new forum. Then in February everything can be moved over there. Thanks in advance!
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Yep. We have a website and a forum already set up.

There isn't much on the website, though, but we're working on that. For now I'd encourage everyone to try and sign up to make sure that registration is working as planned. It's better we get on that sooner than later and risk leaving some interested parties behind.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby QuantamEdge » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:41 am

As soon as I saw Ian's announcement, I was a little worried this project might simply dissolve. Glad I was wrong. Thanks for the new base of operations Mobotropolis :)
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby faceclams » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 am

Thought you guys might appreciate an update. I've finished rough pencils for all the pages, you can see them here.

The first page was supposed to be pencils actually. I tend to sketch very rough, I was concerned about the neatness so I may have went overboard... The rest of the pages are more like how I normally sketch (chicken scratch ahoy).

Before I get to inking do you have any feedback? thoughts? The composition and flow was definitely a new challenge for me. The panel layout still feels a bit static, but it was an extra challenge to make it visually interesting when the characters are sitting around a table and talking the whole time, haha.

One more thing that came to mind, are we going to be using pre-reboot designs wherever applicable? I'm not sure when this takes place, should Ray be in his jacket, goggles+scarf, or original outfit?
faceclams
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 am

On another note, I wanted to try spread word about the project because I thought the first issue was done really great, so I created a topic on SSMB about it (Basically where a ton of Archie Sonic fans were hoping for a continuation of the old universe). It's getting a good bit of activity as well.

Oh, and if you guys were looking for suggestions for story ideas while LHT was is being made, because of how the SGW went down, a cool story might be a distortion for the Zone Cops showing us some of Ian's unused ideas before he changed them, like Antoine's supposed death before it was changed to him living.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:46 pm

faceclams wrote:Thought you guys might appreciate an update. I've finished rough pencils for all the pages, you can see them here.

The first page was supposed to be pencils actually. I tend to sketch very rough, I was concerned about the neatness so I may have went overboard... The rest of the pages are more like how I normally sketch (chicken scratch ahoy).

Before I get to inking do you have any feedback? thoughts? The composition and flow was definitely a new challenge for me. The panel layout still feels a bit static, but it was an extra challenge to make it visually interesting when the characters are sitting around a table and talking the whole time, haha.

One more thing that came to mind, are we going to be using pre-reboot designs wherever applicable? I'm not sure when this takes place, should Ray be in his jacket, goggles+scarf, or original outfit?

When I hit the link all I can see is the first image, though I'm not used to using imagur, is there some place I'm supposed to click to see the other pages?

Yeah, I know there's not much movement in the story :oops: I promise the next one I'm working on has a lot more going on visually. I was going for something simplistic that anyone interested could attempt to draw, but it does come out pretty static.

The designs are something we're discussing. The short version, if a character looks like they needed updating visually, like Nic's "Nack with boobs" original look, we'll see about giving them a redesign (that's where great concept folks like KKM come in!) while those that don't get left alone (Khan and Geoffrey have their own distinct look for example). As for this story, I did actually consider mentioning Ray's design, but decided since this is a noncanon practice story it didn't matter what outfit he was in. For the record, as the story is between Tails and Ray in New Mobotropolis, I envisioned the story taking place before the Chaotix left the city, so Ray would be in his jacket design. Again though, it's a noncanon practice story, no need to be strict with stuff like that yet.

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:On another note, I wanted to try spread word about the project because I thought the first issue was done really great, so I created a topic on SSMB about it (Basically where a ton of Archie Sonic fans were hoping for a continuation of the old universe). It's getting a good bit of activity as well.

Oh, and if you guys were looking for suggestions for story ideas while LHT was is being made, because of how the SGW went down, a cool story might be a distortion for the Zone Cops showing us some of Ian's unused ideas before he changed them, like Antoine's supposed death before it was changed to him living.

I've seen the thread! Might join SSMB just to engage folks there, but not sure quite yet. I'm busy doing various other things for the project and have a list of short story ideas to run through of my own, but perhaps someone else would be interested in writing a script? ShadowImp and TuxKnux are both viable options, but anyone else interested is free to do so as well. We're always interested in getting more scripts we can pass on to more artists to ultimately make more comics!
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner