The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

Postby apprentice manta » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:06 am

Hey everybody! Want something super cool to do during the holidays? Would you settle for writing fiction? Great! Welcome to The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

What it is: very similar to the 4th Annual BKC Secret Santa Art Trade, but featuring fanfics instead of art! Sign up here, please!

The rules: Each author can request up to 3 fanfic prompts.
You will only receive 1 request, this is just to give people more options.
One fic must be Sonic or Mega Man related.
One fic can be related to another fandom.
If you choose another fandom, you must be specific. "Spike gets his Christmas wish." could apply to many different fandoms. Don't do that.
You can simply request 3 different Sonic or Mega Man fics.
Fics do not have to be holiday themed.
To simplify requests, cross-overs are not allowed.
The suggested fic length is 1000 - 5000 words. You can be slightly over or under the word count.
No NSFW requests allowed.
Romantic pairings are acceptable, but if that's the focus it must be stated in your request.
All genres are acceptable.
If your fic contains content such as swearing or excessive violence please include a warning tag.
If you need a beta reader (editor) I'm available for that. You must submit work that needs editing before December 24th.

The Secret Santa runs from November 25th to December 25th.
You can post in the thread any time between November 25th to December 31st.
You can post the entirety of your fic in this thread OR you can submit a link to your fic on an outside website such as deviantart or ff.net.
For longer stories, links are recommended.
If you are unable to post your fic, you can send it to me. I'll ensure it gets posted.
If you are unable to fulfill a request due to an emergency, let me know! I'll do what I can to help out.
If you have any other questions, you may PM me. I'll answer as soon as I am able.

Last of all, have fun & happy holidays!

LIST OF AUTHORS:
1. Striker
2. ZonicZoneCop
3. Mobotropolis
4. the jcfreak
5. Misspuar
6. Spin
7. Spectre the Hechidnat
8. Surreal Brain
9. BillCipher45

completed fics have been submitted to this topic

SIGN-UP is CLOSED. Thanks for joining, good luck on your fanfics! (For those who have yet to post, the deadline is approaching! Reminder notes will be sent out on Jan 1st if you haven't posted by then.)
Last edited by apprentice manta on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 am, edited 26 times in total.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Re: The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

Postby Striker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 am

Oh, oh! Pick me!

Lets see...

1. Sonic and my character* Stryker meet up for some holiday fun with their friends(this can range from official SEGA characters, to Archie character, or my FCs* of Kai the Tasmanian Devil and Aqua the Fox, go wild!).
2. The 2003 TMNT turtles go out on Christmas Eve for some ninja-ey fun.
3. Red, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, and Black from the Pokemon Special manga meet up to have a mini tournament to prove who is the best.

* I will be providing a link to my FCs descriptions at a later date because I don't have my computer with me right now. Don't worry it'll be soon.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:38 am

For the no-crossover rule...does that discount the Sonic/Mario Franchise?
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:18 pm

If so, I'm in! Here are my 3...

1. Bean Bark & Nack on a merc job in Spagonia. Hilarity insues.

2. Robotnik meets Rosalina at the Sochi Olympics. Fuzzy feelings insue.

3. Roll needs to find the perfect gift for the robot masters. Rollyness insues.
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby apprentice manta » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:37 pm

I think it's allowable if it's specifically set in that universe. I would consider the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympics" to be their own fandom. "Smash Bros." also counts as a fandom, even though it features charas from several different franchises. Ditto for "Kingdom Hearts", "Disney Infinity", "Marvel vs Capcom", etc. The rule was just to prevent random or confusing match-ups ("Phineas & Ferb meets Codename: Kids Next Door" might be interesting, but it requires the author to have knowledge of 2 very different shows, 1 of which no longer airs regularly.)

Basically if they already had a well known cross-over it's allowed. Sonic/Mega Man is acceptable because Worlds Collide lasted 12 issues, happened recently, & was popular enough to be memorable. Sonic/Sabrina the Teenage Witch doesn't count because their cross-over was published over a decade over, lasted just 2 issues, & as far as I know the Sabrina half of the story was never published in the trade paperback making it difficult for newer fans to access it. The more mainstream the fandom, the more likely someone will be able to fulfill your request. Hope that clears it up!

EDIT: Great job, guys. Those suggestions all sound great. I'll be sure to update the list to reflect our new participants!
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

You may wanna ask for this to be stickied if you haven't already. We wouldn't want it to slide too far down the list now would we? :P
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mobotropolis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:57 am

Signing up.

Edit November 24th: Okay here we go.

1. XYL with Amy. The only rule is that you cannot go against what canon established when it comes to shipping if you choose to ship her (shipping is not required). Go nuts.

2. SegaSonic/Genesis. Write about Cream's cousin Bunnie and how she blends in with the SegaSonic Universe. Bunnie is not a member of the Freedom Fighters in this Universe. In fact, she hasn't even met them before.

3. Ponies. In an Alternate Universe Princess Celestia took another of the Mane 6 (Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, or Fluttershy) as her student over Twilight. Working with the premise of Season 4 describe how she first caught Celestia's eye and copes with being a Princess.
Last edited by Mobotropolis on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Wait, I have a change for request 3! Could it be: Count black and his gang, (Including Mr.L) Prepare for the holidays instead? From Super paper mario.
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Also, I have someone who wants to join, but doesn't wanna make an account. If I gave an email and the 3 requests, could she join?
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby apprentice manta » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Sure, that'd be fine. I'd use her email name on the list (because I'll use a random number generator to match people up w/ requests.) Then I'll PM you w/ both assignments. Something like "ZonicZoneCop, you're to be Secret Santa to X. [reminder of X's requests.] Zonic's friend will be Secret Santa to Y. [reminder of Y's requests.] Thanks for participating!"

When the fics are completed, you can either post her fic in the topic w/ a note that she's the author, or you can put up a link to her fic.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:25 pm

You know what? I'm signing up for an author slot. Put me down on the list Misspuar! As for my three requests...

1.) A Big/Sally love story. Make it as ridiculous or serious as you like.

2.) An all-out comedy where Tails Doll and Omochao team up to steal Bean and Bark's cottage cheese hoard.

3.) A story about how the members of Team Dark spend Christmas. Feel free to go wild on this one or keep it calm and reflective. The tone is up to you.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby apprentice manta » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Awesome. I might as well sign myself up, too.

1. Antoine/Bunnie story. Don't care whether it's SatAM or Archieverse. It can be comedic or serious, just as long as it's got some romance to it.
2. Shard & Larry friendship fic. It can be just the two of them interacting, or you can include other charas like Elias, Silver, Nicole, whoever.
3. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Diamond Tiara trying to do something nice for her father (maybe it's Hearts Warming Eve, maybe it's his birthday, maybe she just thinks he deserves it.) Just something that shows Diamond Tiara & her dad in somewhat of a positive light.

I'm glad more people are joining. For those who haven't signed up yet, don't worry, there's still time! You don't have to be the world's greatest fanfic author, just give it your best short.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 pm

I'll be throwing my hat in this Secret Santa.

All requests are shipping related. Can be handled with fluff or be given a serious angle.

1. Sonic x Nicole.

2. Sonic x Bunnie.

3. Mega Man x Roll. /Copy Roll is an acceptable substitute.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Last question! Human Sonic/Knuckles story! Yes way or no way?
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:55 pm

You know what? Sign me up too :3 Its been a while since I've written anything for Bumbleking (See my very first post ever back in 2011 XD) and I think it would be great fun =D

As with the art thread, my mind has drawn completely a-blank at the moment, so I'll post my requests later when I can think of them. =)
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Next

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner