Endangered Species #244 Remake: PAGE ONE IS UP

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Endangered Species #244 Remake: PAGE ONE IS UP

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm

EDIT: Wow that was fast! We now have a full creative team, and if a slot opens up again then I'll leave another message here. Thanks to all to who volunteered to help make this project a reality!

EDIT #2: Nevermind we need a letterer after all. Anyone up for the task? :P

EDIT #3: Okay, I've got enough creative talents onboard to make a full team. I don't know when the first page'll be out, but hopefully soon.

Why hello there, ladies and gentlemen. Most if not all of you are now aware of the extremely disappointing turn of events in one of the most recent and highly anticipated Sonic comic stories of the year, Endangered Species. The script of #243 was botched nearly beyond recognition, yes, but nothing could've prepared us for what happened in the following issue, #244.

Gone. Just like that. Poof. In the space between issues, all of the echidnas and Penders concepts that were originally intended to make up the brunt of the story were gone. Lien-Da, Julie-Su, Remington, Lara-Le, Saffron, the Dark Egg Legion--all disappeared, removed from the story due to unfortunate circumstances far beyond Ian Flynn's control. Talk about having the rug ripped out from under you, huh?

Well, after the initial shock wore off (believe me it took a while), I got to thinking. We do have a minimal understanding of how Ian intended the story to unfold from the setup in #243 and from the original solicits, right? We know that Julie-Su and Saffron were meant to accompany Knuckles to Albion, we know Lien-Da and the Dark Egg Legion were to team up with the heroes to fight Thrash and his Devil Dog pack, and we know there was meant for there to be a colossal battle for the fate of Albion. Can you imagine just how pure awesome this arc was supposed to be?

Yup, the very thought that this amazing arc couldn't come to fruition made me furious. But then I thought maybe I could find another way to channel my discontent and use my creative talents to fill in the gaps of the plot, make some creative inferences, and perhaps even produce a brand new Endangered Species script myself. I didn't know if I would get enough support, I didn't know if I would have the drive to see it through, but after all the trials and tribulations I had in my hands a brand-spanking-new version of a script for an issue that was meant to be so much more than what how it ultimately was.

And so this is what my efforts led to. Fellow BumbleCitizens, I am proud to present this completely fan-made, unofficial director's cut edition of issue #244...but with all the echidnas you know and love still intact:

Endangered Species: The Unofficial Director's Cut is a project designed for the sole purpose of giving you a taste of how the original storyline was meant to unfold before it had to be axed. Like the current comics this first issue will consist of 20 full-color pages, but as the title suggests, this is not official in any way--it's created by fans here on BumbleKing. But for the project to truly come alive, I need your help.

Who's on board already, you may be asking? Well here's the talent roster I have so far:

Writer: Yours truly (The Shadow Emperor)
Pencillers: TheMobian & TheFatPanda(?)
Inker: Knuxtiger4 (Page 1 only)
Colorist: SimonSays & LilacDownDeep
Letterer: SimonSays (Page 1 only) & Big Al Son
Editors: The Shadow Sage and Striker

Obviously, the creative team isn't complete yet. TheMobian can't pencil an entire issue by himself and we can't ink, color, and letter this thing ourselves--so we need your help!

If there is anyone out there interested in helping out with artwork, inking, coloring, lettering, even helping me work on the script itself, then please leave me a PM or signal your interest here in this thread, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. With you guys' help this project can really amount to something great, so if you've even got an inkling of desire to help out then please don't hesitate to leave me a message!

That's pretty much all, folks. With regards to the release schedule, that really depends on how quickly TheMobian finishes with the pages and how soon more people sign up to help, but I'm confident that with a little elbow grease we can get this off the ground!

Thanks for reading, everyone, and I eagerly await your comments, questions, and feedback! :D
Last edited by The Shadow Emperor on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 am, edited 24 times in total.
The Shadow Emperor

Re: Endangered Species Remake - Help Needed!

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm willing to try my hand at penciling when Mobian is not available.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm not the BEST as coloring, but I'll be available if you need a colorist. I could use the practice anyway. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5, and Adobe Illustrator 4, and I may be getting Paint Tool SAI soon.

However my coloring style is very painted and not very smooth at all, is my only warning about me.

If not, I'm open for being a Letterer or a Flatter for anybody needing the works digitized after being inked. Unless it's all digital then just Letterer.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Speedlion » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Inker maybe me? I have no idea, but I think I can try my hand at inking it...
Speedlion
Honorary BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks so much for the support, guys! :) I'll be sending you all separate PMs so we can work something out.
The Shadow Emperor

Re: Endangered Species #244 Remake - Coming Soon!

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Did I mention that you are all heroes to me right now? :D :D :D
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 pm

(hearty laughter) I certainly won't be able to letter and color so I may need help.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm

comic321 wrote:Did I mention that you are all heroes to me right now? :D :D :D

Aw, thanks. :)

LilacDownDeep wrote:(hearty laughter) I certainly won't be able to letter and color so I may need help.

Could you do coloring and I'll find a separate letterer?
The Shadow Emperor

Re: Endangered Species #244 Remake - Letterer Needed!

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm

I forgot to mention, I'm also willing to do my own inking. It'll leave Speedy with a lighter workload at least :)
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:(hearty laughter) I certainly won't be able to letter and color so I may need help.

Could you do coloring and I'll find a separate letterer?

Please do. I can handle the coloring.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 pm

i can help wrie off panels if you want
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 pm

The script is now complete at last. Now all we need's a letterer and this comic will be ready to go. Anyone out there with a hankering to help with that? PM me or leave a message here if you're interested.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Dejimon11 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 am

wont it be better to let this arc finish before we make a remake
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:wont it be better to let this arc finish before we make a remake

Personally I don't see any purpose in waiting. If anything people will be more interested in a remake now rather than later since it's still fresh in everyone's minds.
The Shadow Emperor

Re: Endangered Species #244 Remake: Coming Soon!

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 pm

But if you're remaking 244, then that means you'll have to remake the rest of the arc, right?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Next

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner