Lea's Unimportant Farewell to BK Q&A!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Lea's Unimportant Farewell to BK Q&A!

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 am

Yeah, so I figured that, lacking any other real social presence online, I might as well give this a go again before the forum goes down. I've written a whole, like, THREE stories now or something, and... uh... helped work on... things... some characters... Oh! And Off Panel. Lots of Off Panel. So if anyone for whatever reason has super pressing questions about what Clove's favourite ice cream flavour is, or something actually relevant, this is your chance.

Like last time, same basic ground rules, keep in mind that I may not be able to answer/address certain things for various reasons, please don't list two dozen questions at a time, if you have a question that's related to recent releases please be considerate and use spoiler tags (because with the scattered release dates who knows who's read what at this point) yadda yadda, let's see how this goes. Ask me stuff about the Sawniks!
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Re: Lea's Unimportant Farewell to BK Q&A!

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:29 am

Are you allowed to share any earlier drafts of Phage's background/role in Spark of Life?
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby Spin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:17 am

Since you were offering to answer ice cream flavor questions. What video game was Gamer Deer playing?
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:46 am

Hmm, I was going to ask about Phage's past, but maybe it will be funnier to find out on my own.

...Can you describe your relation with Sonic? First contact, favorite characters, ect?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:24 am

I think one thing I adored about Spark of Life is that it created a genuine sense of melancholy in a franchise I don't think was ever particularly the best at it -- as much as I adore 06's story and tend to argue it as the best Sonic story, a lot of it is still rising above mediocrity and much of its intrigue comes from the accidental implications of its many flaws. Spark of Life, by contrast, I love for basically all the reasons it intends to be loved. I think that it also hits the right sweet spot in terms of how one should ideally tackle heavier ideas in a series like this: the story isn't really "dark" at all, as much as it's just melancholy and bittersweet.

Do you consider Spark of Life generally leaning toward your natural writing sensibilities in terms of tone and style, in that it's probably a good representation of the sort of tone and themes you prefer to write about, or would a more typical story from you, should you have free reign on whatever you doing, actually feel like something else entirely?

Basically, was it your writing style that came out in Spark of Life, or did you adjust your style FOR Spark of Life? And if you don't mind a sub-question, what're your particular favorite things to write about (emotionally and thematically) and what was it like to either tap into them or avoid them for your Sonic work?
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:08 am

Do you think next time you do a backup they'll actually credit you in the solicit? :(hearty laughter):

Serious question though how did you and Ian come up with the idea for Spark of Life?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:49 am

Wait what kind of ice cream is cassia and cloves favorite? Also, what would phage's be if she could have one?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby DabigRG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Who were you guys's favorite Sonic character (Sega/cartoon/Penders/Gallagher/Bollers/whatever) growing up?

Thank you

P.S. Thank you for the amazing stories you helped bring to us and I wish you luck in your future endeavors! :)
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Is there a Sega character that you want to write for that you have not yet?
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:31 pm

One of my favorite new characters from the new rebooted universe is Dr. Ellidy, are you guys done exploring him or will you revisit him in the future?
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby Joggoman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:16 pm

First of all, for only having written three stories, yours have been some of the standouts of the post-reboot comics. Can't wait to read more!

What was creative process behind Cassia and Clove? Did the characters and personalities come about on their own, or were they specifically made to fill the role of "unwilling Eggman subordinates"?

And with so many different interpretations from writers, what would you say are Sally's main strengths and weaknesses as you write her?
Joggoman
BumbleNewbie

Postby Betz! » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:17 pm

What's the weirdest off-panel you've ever thought of. (Published or not published)
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Zanoss » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:30 am

Is a new arc with Breezie or Honey in it is planed ?
I mean, I love those both character but they where a little bit under the scene during Champion's arc so I would love to have more information about them in a close future.
Zanoss
BumbleNewbie

Postby Protraktor » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi! I wanted to ask if there was a real-world counterpart to Cassia's illness? Just as a Y/N - doesn't need to be specific.

I ask because I feel like I might have found out what she has, or at least something extremely similar, but I didn't want to make wild speculations openly. Would it be better to just wait and see? Because I can definitely do that.

Thanks, congrats, and all the best in the future. I'll be reading!
Protraktor
BumbleNewbie

Postby QuantamEdge » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:47 am

Do you have any writers that you credit as inspiration?
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius