Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Mordum wrote:That's completely inaccurate. The curse made him an animal man and Belle would've been with him if he never became a human. He didn't wear a mask, he was a full on beastman. And to Belle, that was irrelevant. Like their thematic descendants Goliath and Elisa, they were consenting creatures of different species who were attracted to each other. Even if you wanted to argue that, from an internal perspective, Beast identified as human despite being a creature so TECHNICALLY his attraction isn't weird, that still leaves Belle. She did not fall in love with "an animal who was really a man." She fell in love with an animal man who happened to become human at the end. She didn't care about his physical form in either scenario, so why is one worse than the other?

Oh. Well, guess I'm wrong.

Mordum wrote:
Not to throw coal into the furnace but rejecting a factual statement because you don't want to believe it takes away your credibility as an orator.

And you're doing...?

At no point did I reject a factual statement because I didn't want to believe it. You can't fight facts and I don't waste effort trying.

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Quote from Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia: "Overlanders are technically Mobians themselves. If Sonic is a Mobian hedghog, then an Overlander is a Mobian human".

Never said Overlanders weren't Mobians. Rather, I highlighted that a Mobian human is not a Mobian hedgehog. For the entirety of the conversation, I only used Mobian as a interchangable term to refer to the anthros.

Ok, summing up all those responses I'm deducing that you're not seeing Mobians to have the same rights as humans.

Azul wrote:Even though it's implied the anthros have as much rights as humans,

They aren't humanoids with fur and other animal traits, to you they still animals, quite inteligent ones, with cloths, tools and cities,but still animals.

Do I got that correctly?

No. They are humanoid but not human.

Kellox just got tired of argument. It happened to people I argued with and to me before. Just agree for a tie and let him walk away from this debate.

I'm not doing this to compete, that's egocentric as heck. I want to discern from this conversation what the absolute truth is and walk away a more educated person.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Azul wrote:No. They are humanoid but not human.

Okay, I feel like this is a core of dispute.
So what right Mobians should have? Obviously you wouldn't put them in a zoo.

Humans are animals too. We differ from them because we build tools, have societies, created literature and stuff. We have "soul" if you believe in stuff like that.
By that regard Mobians are same as us. So what makes them different?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:55 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Okay, I feel like this is a core of dispute.
So what right Mobians should have? Obviously you wouldn't put them in a zoo.

This is now the third time I'm saying that anthros and humans have the same rights in Sonic's world.

Humans are animals too. We differ from them because we build tools, have societies, created literature and stuff. We have "soul" if you believe in stuff like that.
By that regard Mobians are same as us. So what makes them different?

The same thing that makes an oak tree different from a dandelion. They're both of the same classification of life but they're still radically different. Humans and anthros are both sentient Earthlings or Mobians, however you please, but are very different on a fundamental level.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Welp, sorry, but after numerous requests, it's been decided to close this thread. As is the topic is deviating into circular speculation that seems like no one's going to agree upon anyway.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius