Lost Hedgehog Tales

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Lost Hedgehog Tales

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 am

At long, long last - chapter one is up. See the main page for links and details.

Have at it, folks.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Lost Hedgehog Tales

Postby Spin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 am

I see Chapter 1 is more trick than treat. Why was this called Chapter 1 when it's more of a prologue.

I mean I don't want to be a jerk and complain about this. Since Ian didn't really have to do this and it's just suppose to be a nice little bonus after life hands you lemons. But there's no meat on the bone whatsoever. After waiting so long, it's kind of like being dehydrated while stranded in the desert and only being allowed to take a single sip of water. I was expecting a longer first chapter than just five measly pages. I can only hope Chapter 2 is longer and comes soon.

A lot of the information, most BKers already knew. And the only real bit of news really worth mentioning was that Archie was serious about killing off Antoine before they got cold feet from fan response. Which is a shame, as nothing worthwhile is ever going to happen in the comic if Archie is so worried about fan fallout.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:13 am

Was that Olympics issue ever actually given away by McDonalds? I never saw anything of it from them.

I don't really mind this first chapter being a prologue since it helps give context to everything for any readers who may have started after the reboot began. It also gave us some insight to what you were thinking when writing those issues. I honestly felt the story was losing its focus during the Heroes arc and now I know why that is.

It definitely would've been nicer to have seen Team Fighters defeating Krudzu again be its own issue since that felt too squeezed in alongside everything else in that issue and didn't have any substance. (In what was printed, Sonic just defeats it right away before it does anything.) Having an issue to itself and being more fleshed out may have fixed that.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:23 am

squeakyboots13 wrote:Was that Olympics issue ever actually given away by McDonalds? I never saw anything of it from them.

It was a prize for the McDonald's Monopoly that was promoting the Olympics that year. So unless you won, you wouldn't have seen anything.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:55 am

Excitement: Buildiiiiiiiing
=D

EDIT: Reading through right now, I am literally a little kid in a candy shop. Thank you so much for this Ian! <3 :'D
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am

What a nice build up ! Can't wait to see the rest.

IMO I think that this first chapter is meant to help us understand what kind of pressure Ian is under. I mean between the editors, the licensing issues and also time contraints .... of course it's never easy to keep the book down to what the writer want's it to be. Heck, Naruto was changed so many times because of the editors. It's a cool thing to have a glimpse of what might have been ! :)

Thanks a lot for your hard work Ian !
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby YamiMario » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:09 am

Spin wrote:I see Chapter 1 is more trick than treat. Why was this called Chapter 1 when it's more of a prologue.

I mean I don't want to be a jerk and complain about this. Since Ian didn't really have to do this and it's just suppose to be a nice little bonus after life hands you lemons. But there's no meat on the bone whatsoever. After waiting so long, it's kind of like being dehydrated while stranded in the desert and only being allowed to take a single sip of water. I was expecting a longer first chapter than just five measly pages. I can only hope Chapter 2 is longer and comes soon.

A lot of the information, most BKers already knew. And the only real bit of news really worth mentioning was that Archie was serious about killing off Antoine before they got cold feet from fan response. Which is a shame, as nothing worthwhile is ever going to happen in the comic if Archie is so worried about fan fallout.

I can see the idea of killing Antoine, that'd be a big deal, but I'm glad they didn't. That probably would've marked the end of a Sega of America character in any media.
YamiMario
BumbleNewbie

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:13 am

I have to ask, is this set going to explain what was originally going to happen up to issue 300 or issue 275?
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie

Postby OncleSam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:23 am

Shadowclaw98 wrote:I have to ask, is this set going to explain what was originally going to happen up to issue 300 or issue 275?

I think it's the whole point of the project ...
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:32 am

Stop listening to fans. We're a terrible bunch. :P

In light of that, I'd totally be down for Zombie Antoine returning to the Freedom Fighters.

Or the Ghost of Antoine. Antoine Phantom.

... am I getting close?
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Sam Z.G. » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:43 am

--"The comic had settled into a comfortable pattern of Sonic and the Freedom
Fighters always come out on top."--

And that's how the comic feels right now.
Lots of interesting details. I knew writing a licensed comic was hard, but not THAT hard.
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

I know, but I'm unsure if it's just going to 275, or if it will be to 300? I was under the impression it was to 300, but the first chapter made it sound like it was just to 275.
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie

Postby ChaosJam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 am

Shadowclaw98 wrote:

I know, but I'm unsure if it's just going to 275, or if it will be to 300? I was under the impression it was to 300, but the first chapter made it sound like it was just to 275.

Well Ian needs to build up to that milestone first before hitting 300. So that's probably why he is focusing on 275 at the moment.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:46 am

Ah, fair enough.
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:19 am

Shadowclaw98 wrote:

It probably depends on how far ahead Ian was thinking.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius