"Too Many Mechas" or "Where's Pseudo Sonic?"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: "Too Many Mechas" or "Where's Pseudo Sonic?"

Postby Xabin » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Back on topic, do you guys think Metal Knuckles is still in existence in the new continuity, maybe as a Badnik Leader? And why haven't we seen the Egg Robos from Sonic 3 and Knuckles, yet? Did Eggman toss them out in favor for his Egg Pawns? If so, why is he still using his old animal-based badniks, as well?
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:52 am

Xabin wrote:Did Eggman toss them out in favor for his Egg Pawns? If so, why is he still using his old animal-based badniks, as well?

well that's basically how it currently is in the games, which Ian is following as closely as he can as long as it doesnt conflict with his own ideas. if I remember right, Colors, Lost World, and Runners all feature both the classic badniks and Egg Pawns. I dont know if that completely rules out the Egg Robos making an appearance; apparently Ian decided in his version of the universe, Snively was the one tormenting Knuckles in S&K, using the Egg Robo as a mech suit
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby ToaArcan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 am

I think the issue there is that the Eggrobo we're familiar with from the games was a whole lot more capable than the Eggpawns, by virtue of jetpacks, and being able to drive vehicles.

Honest, the Eggpawns are pretty terrible and I'd like it if the Egg Fighters came back in their place.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby DabigRG » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:54 pm

ToaArcan wrote:
Xabin wrote:I think Tails Doll has taken Metal Tails' place as Eggman's robotic copy of Tails, but I wouldn't mind Metal Tails coming back.

And that's probably the saddest thing I've read in this thread.

Well, to be fair, Tails Doll was literally made at the last minute. Most of the extra abilities in the comic are both a nod to its fandom portrayals as well as a way for it to provide a threat unlike Eggman's usual robots.

Sonic Channel wrote:As a last resort, Eggman manufactured this to catch Sonic unprepared. This, except for the power plant embedded in its head, is a mere stuffed animal, whose meager form nevertheless exhibits considerable ability in races due to its lightweight design. Still, it is also able to float in the air for a long time
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Kinda sad that, thanks to the reboot, the Swatbots or Egg Swat or whatever variants are out there no longer exist; those would still be rather intimidating robots for Sonic and the gang to face off against. I know there's Swatbot-like robots in Sonic Chronicles that I think Eggman uses, but since they're not touching that game with a 10 foot pole...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Alset » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Havent we've seen Egg Swats in 252 and Origins? And I think Swatbots work for Breezie (they're orange now, so its harder to recognize them though.)
Alset
BumbleNewbie

Postby Xabin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Personally, I'd like to see more Gizoids being used in the comic; I know we have Emerl and Gemerl, but I think they were one of the main forces for the Dark Brotherhood in Sonic Chronicles, so I'd like to see Eggman locate a small legion of them in a future comic and use them to supplement his forces.

Also, look at how intimidating these swatbots are. I can definitely see Eggman at least using them as elite guards on the Death Egg or something.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:32 am

Emerl and Gemerl are the same character, we also have Fixit
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:33 am

Emerl and Gemerl really shouldn't count as the same character. As far as I recall it's ambiguous if Gemerl is built from Emerl's chassis or just a Psi unit plus the info Eggman compiled from Emerl, but regardless, they're at most different characters sharing a body in different points in time.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Xabin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Something I never got; why would Eggman keep using his animal-powered Badniks if he uses Egg Pawns, as well? I can kinda understand him having to cyberize his Egg Army in the comics, since he still hasn't figured out how to re-robiticize people, yet, but in the games, why would he use hamster power for his robots if he's got robots with their own non-furry power sources that are more of a threat (IIRC, most of the badniks can me smashed with 1 hit, whereas the Egg Pawn army takes multiple hits to take out)?
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby 009* » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:16 am

Xabin wrote:Something I never got; why would Eggman keep using his animal-powered Badniks if he uses Egg Pawns, as well? I can kinda understand him having to cyberize his Egg Army in the comics, since he still hasn't figured out how to re-robiticize people, yet, but in the games, why would he use hamster power for his robots if he's got robots with their own non-furry power sources that are more of a threat (IIRC, most of the badniks can me smashed with 1 hit, whereas the Egg Pawn army takes multiple hits to take out)?

Maybe the animal-powered ones are meant for short term use use and the pawns are for long term?
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby ToaArcan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:02 pm

The KKM wrote:Emerl and Gemerl really shouldn't count as the same character. As far as I recall it's ambiguous if Gemerl is built from Emerl's chassis or just a Psi unit plus the info Eggman compiled from Emerl, but regardless, they're at most different characters sharing a body in different points in time.

While that is indeed unclear, what's pretty much taken as canon is that when Tails rebuilt Gemerl, he gave him Emerl's personality.

As for other Gizoids, the Chronicles stuff is off-limits because it's the root cause of the Penders issue. He decided that the Nocturnus were ripoffs of the Dark Legion (And to be fair, he has a point), and he wanted to sue SEGA, which is why he filed the copyrights that caused the lawsuit in the first place.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I would still like a full-on Robo-Antoine or Robo-Bunnie to menace them, though I will admit the War Walrus fell too quickly to the arsenal of the Sky Patrol. It still had a cool design, and I love the idea of a fully Mecha version of the Freedom Fighters, so...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius