Sonic Runners: Sticks drops in to say "Sayonara BumbleKing!"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Runners: Amy is GOTH, not emo!

Postby Specs64z » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:I haven't noticed the game being slower. Then again, it was slowed down between the CA/JP and worldwide released, so maybe I can't notice it anymore?

I'm not opposed to having a shot at the unlockable characters. They've had two runs of limited releases, and missing those windows was frustrating, so having a regular shot at them is nice. I am iffy on repeat characters stacking, though. Does this level them up? Does it build up their buffs? I haven't seen a clear explanation of what's going on with them now.

It might just be the terrible frame rate, but I'm 99% sure it got slower (salt in the wound for every cheap death -_-). Or maybe I'm just crazy. The frame rate is so spastic and inconsistent the game is almost unplayable (not sure I'd even want to play it anyway because of all the other reasons above) :/ wish I could do something about it.
As for the star stat, wouldn't it just be more convenient to make it so you only get each character once, so you can't accidentaly get them again? I got Blaze twice pre-update, and it was extremely frustrating despite the 50 red star ring refund.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 am

Specs64z wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:I haven't noticed the game being slower. Then again, it was slowed down between the CA/JP and worldwide released, so maybe I can't notice it anymore?

I'm not opposed to having a shot at the unlockable characters. They've had two runs of limited releases, and missing those windows was frustrating, so having a regular shot at them is nice. I am iffy on repeat characters stacking, though. Does this level them up? Does it build up their buffs? I haven't seen a clear explanation of what's going on with them now.

It might just be the terrible frame rate, but I'm 99% sure it got slower (salt in the wound for every cheap death -_-). Or maybe I'm just crazy. The frame rate is so spastic and inconsistent the game is almost unplayable (not sure I'd even want to play it anyway because of all the other reasons above) :/ wish I could do something about it.
As for the star stat, wouldn't it just be more convenient to make it so you only get each character once, so you can't accidentaly get them again? I got Blaze twice pre-update, and it was extremely frustrating despite the 50 red star ring refund.

Didn't you use to get a special egg too? I only got one dupe, and I don't recall exactly what happened.

My game used to stutter pretty badly. Make sure you don't have any other apps or downloads running in the background, clear the RAM if you can, and that might solve your problem. I could usually get a few minutes of smooth(er) playtime that way.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:10 am

I havent noticed the game running worst than it used to, if anything the loading screens dont seem to take as long which was one of the main bothers with the game before
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Specs64z » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:Didn't you use to get a special egg too? I only got one dupe and I don't recall exactly what happened.

My game used to stutter pretty badly. Make sure you don't have any other apps or downloads running in the background, clear the RAM if you can, and that might solve your problem. I could usually get a few minutes of smooth(er) playtime that way.

It's not running (heh. running.) that much better right now. hmm. Sad day :/
I did get 3 special eggs, but I had already beaten the game by that point which means maybe 1 egg every 5 rounds, which can take a while. Also big maybe considering how unfair the bosses can potentially be. Three eggs, eight eggs, it wouldn't do much for me long run. On the bright side, I did manage to get Tikal by some crazy coincidence a few weeks before the update, but she got nerfed pretty hard with the update. More sadness :/
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I havent noticed the game running worst than it used to, if anything the loading screens dont seem to take as long which was one of the main bothers with the game before

Loading screens are slighty shorter, but my game just falls apart when I hit top speed.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Arkus0 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:00 am

Haven't had a Frame Rate issue myself, but I am glad my game stopped crashing every time it goes to the Score Board rankings.

I'm happy with the changes to the roulette and the better chance to get new characters (though I haven't had much luck yet). But like a lot of others I'm unhappy with how power ups got nerfed, they barely last long enough to be useful and the Wisps got hit the hardest.
Arkus0
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:03 pm

I've finally accomplished something in life

Spoiler: show
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Specs64z » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 am

booted up the app recently just for the heck of it. The frame rate is certainly better (I can't explain it... it's so wierd) but still has it's moments of slow-down worthy of 06. The game still sucks, though. :/

Also, made it to the highest tier. it looks like a lot of people have given up the game considering how low everyone else's scores are in comparison to mine. I'm not even that good.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but furthering the "Sonic Team/Sega of Japan can do whatever they want with Sticks and the main series," she's now been added to Sonic Runners

Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Tsurugi » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:42 am

Well, if she's in the Olympics game, it isn't to far of a stretch to see her in this game either.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Re: Sonic Runners: Sticks drops in to say "Sayonara BumbleKi

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 pm

So, is she canon to normal Sonic stuff, now?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby 009* » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:So, is she canon to normal Sonic stuff, now?

Until we see her in a full game and not a mobile game or spin off title, I can't say. If she does get added, we might see her in the book.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:06 am

Define canon.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby DudestofGuys » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:00 am

Pope needs to approve it.
Until he tells the Vatican that Sticks is kawaii, this is strictly non-canon.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Is she the first character from Sonic's non canon games to be introduced to Sonic's canon stuff?
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:57 pm

TurboTailz wrote:

Is she the first character from Sonic's non canon games to be introduced to Sonic's canon stuff?

your question doesnt make sense... there arent really non canon games, except for old things like Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and they dont really have characters that would be notable to appear in the main series game. Boom isn't "non canon," it's a different series.

however, there's a lot of non canon media, and Sticks isnt the first character to come from a different series. Amy and Charmy were both from old manga before appearing in the games. some of the old cartoon characters have also made cameos, but they were in minor one-off games like the afforementioned Mean Bean Machine (even Robotnik himself is non canon as he represents a different design/origin/personality from Classic Eggman)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius