Pendermonium: Life, The LSC, and a Bold New Sonic's World

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Moderators: Dub, LBD_Nytetrayn, Ian Flynn, Kureejii Lea, Tracy Yardley!

Re: The Strange Case of Cut Content (Spoilers)

Postby CaleTheCat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

*sigh* I really love this site...

Sir Bert Leaman wrote:
Captain Harlock wrote:Are you sure you guys aren't being Rasputin? It'd explain where Ian is going with his beard.

Let's wait and see if he starts singing for his minions to rise up.

Heh, while I wouldn't doubt that normally, I would like to hear Ian singing this before I believe. Or heck, maybe this one. I'm evil, I know. :twisted:
" ARE YOU QUITE FINISHED?!" - Enerjak
" Actually... Jumpingjak. Enertube. Flapjak. Enerstate. Ener-Jak-In-The-Box. And come to think of it... "Enerjak" sounds like some sports drink. Now I'm finished." - Sonic the Hedgehog, laughing to the faces of demigods since 2007. Thank you Ian Flynn!
Here's my dev: http://kazezerol.deviantart.com/
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm

After reading that the case was dismissed, it might have looked as if Archie lost the Penders material and characters. But it was said that Archie's claims and Ken's counter-claims were dismissed, so I'm curious to know what that means because it seems they both came to something they could agree on. It might also mean the changes might get reversed like I said before, and the Penders characters might come back. But we'll have to see in the future what happens.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:09 pm

I've been wondering about this for a while, but, if the echidnas really have been chopped from the book permanently, how exactly will Ian be able to wrap up the inevitable "Knuckles will not rest until he finds a way to bring them back" plot?

Knuckles' goal will be to get them back. The comic can't ever bring them back. See the problem? Knuckles will pretty much be searching for them forever.

So what, will there come a time where Knuckles realizes there's no hope? Or perhaps
the Genesis Wave will completely wipe his memory of them.
Banner by Ziggyfin *TheFatPanda's DeviantArt*
TheFatPanda
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:12 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I've been wondering about this for a while, but, if the echidnas really have been chopped from the book permanently, how exactly will Ian be able to wrap up the inevitable "Knuckles will not rest until he finds a way to bring them back" plot?

Knuckles' goal will be to get them back. The comic can't ever bring them back. See the problem? Knuckles will pretty much be searching for them forever.

So what, will there come a time where Knuckles realizes there's no hope? Or perhaps

That or something that will make our heads explode.
TurboTailz
BumbleKnight

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:14 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I've been wondering about this for a while, but, if the echidnas really have been chopped from the book permanently, how exactly will Ian be able to wrap up the inevitable "Knuckles will not rest until he finds a way to bring them back" plot?

Actually, I'd hope that...

Knuckles remembers his family and the entire echidna race and his failure to save all of them. It would be a nice dark twist and it would help turn Knuckles into more of the broody loner guy who avoids everyone.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Tigsie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I already got slapped real good on one cheek. Don't really want the same thing on the other side. (So insulting. And not to mention getting led on in that case. Gross.)
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

theJcfreak wrote:
Knuckles remembers his family and the entire echidna race and his failure to save all of them. It would be a nice dark twist and it would help turn Knuckles into more of the broody loner guy who avoids everyone.

So, basically, he turns into Shadow?

Do. Not. Want.
The Shadow Emperor
Honorary BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:
theJcfreak wrote:

So, basically, he turns into Shadow?

Do. Not. Want.

Think Adventure era Knuckles. I don't want him to be Shadow either and I prefer the way Archie writes Shadow anyway, sort of cold but a leader in his own right. No, Knuckles would just avoid people in general because he would devote his life solely to guarding the Master Emerald. And fighting Finitevus, who as far as I know we still have.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby The KKM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Fan idea I hope is not a fan idea and is pretty much what Ian's doing

"We found it, Knuckles! On the Regal Ruins, a tear in dimensions! We may be able to..."

When they arrive there, however, Vector realises the most they can do is try communication by sending small objects, like letters, to the other side. They send a few and camp.

On the other side, of course, Julie-Su (unnamed and unseen entirely, only bits with her legs or arms) was also searching for a means to return. They can then begin communication, in which they conclude the echidnas are safer in the dimension they're in, and after some heartfelt talks with Julie-Su and his mother, Knuckles and the Chaotix move on.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Dejimon11 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:50 pm

the genesis wave hits and changes certain characters geoffery St. John will be Heffery St.Jude or something like that. Better than having them all killed off screen
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Xeric » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 pm

See I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. As well as Knuckles acting up, every time Thrash shows up now, everyone's gonna be all "He attacked and removed Knuckles family and our friends, GET HIM" which really isn't fair on Thrash, especially if the characters aren't ever going to return.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I have a feeling that the Chaotix (as in, the sole game representative) might annexe off from Knuckles, Mighty and Ray soon for some more solo stuff, so that might be a bit less of an issue.
The new universe is making sure to revive old SatAM character dynamics.
Meliden
BumbleClan

Postby Tedmeister » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Regardless of what changes may happen, I'm still confident that there will still be many more years of good stories for our favourite blue hedgehog.
Tedmeister
BumbleFan

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:
the genesis wave hits and changes certain characters geoffery St. John will be Heffery St.Jude or something like that. Better than having them all killed off screen

You might be right about this, but I doubt that Geoffrey would be renamed Heffery. We also been over the fact that the comic could pull off a Summer Wars. Or TL-SC could do the same thing.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 pm

I appreciate all the optimism and patience I'm seeing from some folks. To weigh in on something from earlier today:

I apologize if I've come across as condescending, haughty or hand-wavy in the past months. I'm in a tight position. I've created an expectation from the readers about being open and on the level with y'all. The recent brouhaha has left me unable to talk about anything going on. So when I give you big, sweeping generalizations like "It'll be alright" and "Trust us, we've got this," it's because it's all I really can say. It's meant to be a comforting pat on the shoulder and prevent all-out rage fits like we just had. Obviously, taking me at my word isn't enough.

It's like this - there's gonna be some big changes. Some are things I was already planning and working towards. Some things are beyond my control. Some of you are going to love what we're about to do, and some of you will probably say we should've done it sooner. And some of it just is not going to sit right with some readers, and there's nothing I can do about that. Some of you aren't going to like the changes - small or large - purely on the principle of the matter, so no amount of "it's going to be okay" from me is going to ease your furrowed brow.

What I'm trying to convey is the kind of stories you've enjoyed all this time are still going to happen. What makes the Sonic books unique is the robust extended cast and deeper exploration of Sonic's world. That's not going to change. If you've been coming to this book for Sonic and the Freedom Fighters' adventures, then that's exactly what you're going to get. Maybe viewed through a different lens, but Sally, Bunnie, Rotor and Antoine are sticking around. We've taken great pains to make sure we can still keep them at the heart of the book. And that, I think, should say a lot about what we're doing.

To perfectly frank, I don't have the time or energy to be duplicitous or clever with my words. I'm just trying to convey my interest and excitement over the future - even when I can't talk about it any specific terms.

What I do take offense at is implications I or the mod staff move to silence dissenters. We do not delete posts, unless they are horribly offensive. Even in that event, the offense is publicly logged. If we didn't want any nay-sayers, there wouldn't be any rules, warnings or second chances. There wouldn't be any interaction. This place would be a ghost town.

The bottom line is when you spend time on my webspace, you will do so civily and maturely. Nothing more complicated than that.

To sum it all up: be patient with me and the ArchieSonic Team. While y'all have been reading "Worlds Collide," we've been working hard on the next step. We've got some expansive long-term plans. So instead of fretting over what's lost and what you potentially won't like, I encourage you to have an open mind and try to enjoy the ride.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius