Sonic #242/SU #45/SSSM #5/Graphic Novels Previews

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic #242/SU #45/SSSM #5/Graphic Novels Previews

Postby megabeatman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #242
“Olympic Trials”: It's a special event issue in honor of the Summer 2012 Olympic games! Sonic and his friends are preparing for the ultimate contest of sportsmanship, but Dr. Eggman plots from the shadows to take more than the gold! All this plus an exciting bonus story featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and Team Fighters!
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Steven Butler, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms
Cover: Yardley!, Austin and Herms
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 10/31
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

SONIC UNIVERSE #45
“Race for the Stars”: It's a special tie-in event as Sonic Universe showcases Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed! Racers from across the SEGA games have come together for the second annual All-Stars Gran Prix! But the nefarious Dr. Eggman has joined the roster and plans on not only conquering the race, but multiple worlds! It's the first game crossover event in Sonic Universe history - and its ONLY available in this special stand-alone issue!
Art: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli, and Steve Downer
Cover: Tracy Yardley! and Steve Downer
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 10/17
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE PRESENTS: THE SONIC POSTER SPECIAL!
The SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE just got an extra dose of SUPER! Because you demanded it, this special bonus issue of the first ever Sonic comic magazine in Archie history presents your favorite Sonic comic artwork as 24 double-sided, pull-out pin-up posters! Also featuring tons of comics, news, features, never- before-seen artwork and a brand-new foil-enhanced cover by Sonic artist extraordinaire Tracy Yardley! Sonic super-fans will also be treated with part five of the SONIC TIME LINE, featuring more brand-new art from Tracy Yardley and Matt Herms! All this plus an interview with artist Jamal Peppers and tons of bonus features you won’t find anywhere else!
Script & Art: Various
Foil Enhanced Cover: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin and Matt Herms
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 11/7
112-page, full color comic
$9.99 US.

SONIC SUPER DIGEST #1
The adventure begins in this monumental first issue! For the first time in Sonic Comic history, Sonic the Hedgehog’s adventures are now available in the popular digest format! Where Sonic Super Special Magazine leaves off, this quarterly digest collection picks up - with even more classic adventure from the Sonic comic library! Packed with non-stop action, comedy, adventure and featuring tons of heroes and villains from the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG games and cartoons! Perfect for fans new and old, Sonic Super Digest collects tons of comic stories, coloring pages, bonus content, and features an all-new cover by Sonic Artist Supreme Tracy Yardley! Get SUPER!
Cover: Tracy Yardley!
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 11/7
128-page, full color comic
$3.99 US.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #19 Archie’s bestselling Sonic Archives series is back! Signaling a momentous change for the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 19 features flashbacks, time-twisting plots, and the dread return of Sonic’s deadliest villain! And the changes don’t stop there - even Sonic himself is transformed in this thrilling new volume that transitions classic Sonic the Hedgehog with the current look of the modern Sega Sonic games! SONIC ARCHIVES VOLUME 19 collects issues #71-74 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book.
Cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
978-1-936975-19-8
$7.99/$8.99CAN
5 x 7 3/8”
Trade Paperback
112 pp
Direct Market On-sale: 11/14

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: GENESIS
It's the most talked-about story in Sonic the Hedgehog comic book history! Featuring an all-new beginning to the Sonic mythology, this highly anticipated reboot finds Sonic the Hedgehog investigating the disappearance of many woodland creatures and the sudden appearance of an army of badniks with a mysterious leader. Sonic makes new friends along the way as he leads the charge against the evil Dr. “Eggman” Robotnik! For new fans or die-hard Sonic devotes, SONIC: GENESIS is the quintessential Sonic comic story!
Art: Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante, Tracy Yardley, Ben Bates, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms
Cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
978-1-936975-24-2
$14.99/$16.99CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16”
Trade Paperback
144 pp
Direct Market On-sale: 10/31
Last edited by megabeatman on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic #242/SU #45/SSSM #5/Graphic Novels Previews

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:27 pm

EDIT:
and the prelude to a certain Rad Red return!

All my dreams have just come true.
Last edited by The Shadow Emperor on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby sonicray » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Wow, just wow, I must have it.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby Pickles » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I am a little dissapointed with 242,,, because it feels as though the main story (which is happening right now) doesn't exist (or is over).
SU 45, looks AWESOME, and I am exited.
SSSM: POSTERS !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ha ha (its been 100 issues since I got my first Sonic Comic) (Which was 142) 8)
Pickles
BumbleKnight

Postby RadRed89 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:47 pm

That Olympic games cover has me cracking up. That alone makes it worth it. Hearing that comment about Knuckles is just icing on the cake.

I was wondering what the 45th issue of SU was going to be. I have no problems with it being a big tie-in story with All-Stars Racing Transformed. Someone please, please, PLEASE tell me Vyse is in this story somewhere. If he is, I'll be one happy Blue Pirate!

I'm a little...confused about that Digest Magazine though. It sounds like a re-reprint of the archives.

Either way. Those issues look like they're gonna be amazing.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Wow, I'm super excited for StH #242 and SU #45! And I think I'm actually gonna buy SSS#5 for those posters.

And does that mean the digest magazine is replacing SSS?
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby Adamis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Is Digest going to replace the Magazine ?
Why ? I liked it :S

But a magazine full of posters... I'll need two copies :D
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:55 pm

For those of you who are wondering: I'm fairly sure the Sonic Super Digest is just another reprint series. It's coming in digest size (y'know, about Sonic Archives size), meaning it'll be a cheaper and more affordable to the big ol' magazine.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby True Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 pm

What's the "digest format"? I haven't read any digest comics since I was little
True Blue
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Okay I'm very underwelmed here.

#242 I supose it will be a fun goofy throwback story but I mean it seems sorta non-canony.

SU #45 A full 20 page ATAP story I mean it'll be fun and seeing other SEGA characters will be cool but I'm not likely to reread it unless I play the game.

SSSM #5 okay that's kind of neat there's alot of good art that would make really good posters. Plus Eggman pulling out issue 0's cover is a nice acnkoledgment of the anniversary.

Digest #1 I already own those issues and awesome Yardley Cover or no unless there's an Origial story like some of the Archie Digests have I find it hard to care.

Archives #19 while I own these were getting close to the Adventure arc and issues I don't own so I'm going to get this.

Over all sorta Meh this time around.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:14 pm

And now Paul has figured out how to do the impossible... make it so that there is something Sonic the Hedgehog coming out 52 weeks a year!!!
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Pickles » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

The covers are good and all, but to Sonic Comic issues based on 2 games that are non canon?
I am okay with SU 45, but I am a little "depressed" with STH 242.
If the olympic story was a backstory then I would be satisfied. It makes me think that the current story in STH will be rushed in order to complete it in 241. Here I thought 250 was a story based on the current events.
Anyway, to me they feel like a Sonic X issue
Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles
BumbleKnight

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 pm

....I can't see the covers.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SimonSays » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Game tie ins. Game tie ins everywhere. Gotta say, I'm awfully disappoi-

IS THAT A POSTER BOOK?! *Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*

Wow, how strange it is to be looking forward to SSSM 5 and Sonic Digest the most out of all of these. But they both look pretty awesome! :P

Also, cool to hear about a "Rad Red" return. I wonder if that means we'll be seeing more from Knuckles in the main comic at the same time as the Chaotix go off and do their own thing in SU. That would be awesome to have total Chaotix domination for a few months!
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Shadowthehedgehog wrote:....I can't see the covers.

TSSZ News put them up on their site, so try viewing them right here.
The Shadow Emperor

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius