Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Movie

Forum for discussion my work on IDW's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Movie

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:40 am

So the official trailer for the second Nickelodeon live-action TMNT movie was released not too long ago. There was a thread for the first movie as well, but it's over six months old, so I decided to make a new thread since it would be worth discussing. It is also set to be released June 3, 2016, so we'll have lots of time speculating what it will be like before it comes out.

Personally, I think the movie looks better than the first one. Also, the characters Bebop and Rocksteady will be in the film as you can see in the trailer, and I think they look pretty good.

With that said, tell me what you think of the upcoming sequel to the movie.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Movie

Postby Tsurugi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:01 am

Haven't seen the first movie, but this trailer looks pretty cool :)
Definitely wasn't expecting the lead from Arrow to play Casey Jones, but he seems like a good choice.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:08 am

I'm pretty sure you could have posted this in the Ninja Turtles forum.

Either way movie looks fine I didn't hate the first one but it wasn't great. This should be a good time killer.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am

They even brought Baster Stockermen in, may question with he turn into a Robot or a Fly? I've seen it point out that it seem the turtles are smaller then in the first movie and they took off some of the extra crap they had hanging off the characters. Its nice to see lessons learned. This is why I've always been said they never stuck with their guns and decided to make another live action Last Air Bender after the first. Yeah the first one sucked or didn't make the money it should. But it usually a safe bet with movies that the sequel makes more money in the first and you could always put effort in it and make the second one better if the first was so bad. it's not like you can't win people back.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:38 pm

I've been a pretty vocal critic of the first movie, and I still see a ton of problems from the first one showing up here, but I gotta admit, this looks leagues better. Stephen Amell looks like he'll make a fine Casey, and Bebop and Rocksteady look fantastic.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby 009* » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:18 pm

ShadowBat20 wrote:I've been a pretty vocal critic of the first movie, and I still see a ton of problems from the first one showing up here, but I gotta admit, this looks leagues better. Stephen Amell looks like he'll make a fine Casey, and Bebop and Rocksteady look fantastic.

It's funny how the 2003 series borrowed more form the original comic, yet the newest series and movie borrow more from the original cartoon.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:04 pm

The problem with the new movie was in how it borrow from the original cartoon, not that it borrowed from the original cartoon. Which more or less has to do with the poorly written script and the oh so hilarious "potty" jokes strewn throughout the flick.

There is a good live action TMNT that can be made. In fact, the very first one proved that TMNT as a live action movie is a valid concept for the franchise. It just needs a better script and a different director.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Return to Forum on a Half Shell