Forum Closing Q&A-Fest!

Forum for questions and comments on the podcast series, BumbleKast

Re: Forum Closing Q&A-Fest!

Postby Specs64z » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 pm

If you absolutely had to kill off one main character (hero or villain) who, why and how would it happen?
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Alrighty folks - LAST CALL!

We'll be closing the thread Friday night at midnight, so get in your last question. And remember: it's one question per person. Your post will be ignored otherwise.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Just one.

I was looking over some stuff I wrote almost ten years ago. In particular I wrote a 50,000 word fic' that became fairly popular. My writing's come along a ways since then, but one thing that really surprised me was how I chose to end it. Simply put, I ended a story where Hope was the recurring theme with a downer ending. Nobody won and nothing was resolved. It just ended in a bad place. It was not the ending I had planned/outlined for. I flaked out on the original " everything will be okay one day " ending and changed things because one of the prereaders responded negatively. The others were fine with it.

Anyway, that's not the question. That gives a feel for where I'm going with this.

Have you ever made a decision about something written in the book and later come to regret it? Maybe you wrote yourself into a corner and now you wouldn't be able to explore the other possibility which you thought might've been a better angle. Just one example would be fine.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 am

What would you most like to see in a new Sonic game?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby FancyFool » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:50 am

Just thought up an interesting one: Has your thoughts/opinions on some or most of the characters changed from before you wrote them to now, after writing these characters for years? Just purely as an example of what I'm talking about, perhaps you didn't have a nice opinion on Amy, thought her annoying, but now after writing her you think of her as something more.
FancyFool
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 am

Is there a story for Sonic or Mega Man you feel didn't come out as good as you planned?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby AnimeCwboy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 am

From fan-to-professional change, what was your most difficult transition? (vague is fine if NDA stuff applies.)
AnimeCwboy
BumbleFan

Postby Crimson Knight » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Which character do you feel is easiest to "get in the head" of and connect with, to the point where you actually find yourself thinking of mundane everyday things in the mindset of that character rather than your own? (because I need to know that other people do that besides just me. xD) This can be from either Sonic or Mega Man.

Also, Mr. Flynn, I wanna give you a big "thank you" for all of the fun and insight this forum has provided over the years. :) I've never found a place on the Internet exactly like BumbleKing, and I don't think I ever will (which of course I mean in the best possible way. :p)
Crimson Knight
BumbleNoble

Postby Sparky » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Edit:
Nevermind, I have a different question.
Why is Mighty still considered to be so strong anyway, when in the games Knuckles is said to be as strong as Sonic is fast, and Mighty was never actually portrayed as being that strong in the few games he's appeared in?
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby theusjshjdhdne » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Earlier in the comic's run, Sonic Underground and Sonic X were linked to the old reality. Now that the Super Genesis Wave has erased most of the alternate zones that were connected to Mobius Prime in the old reality, have Sonic Underground and Sonic X been erased like those other zones, or have they been rewritten in some way?
Last edited by theusjshjdhdne on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
theusjshjdhdne
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ziggyfin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:23 pm

What is your favorite type of cookie and why? :)
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:07 pm

If you were given the chance to choose any one story you've written (whether it's from Sonic, Mega Man, New Crusaders, TMNT, Raiders of the Abyss, etc.) and have it turned into a professionally animated feature, which one would you pick?
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby The King of Shadows » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Why did you let the fundies make this place so unpleasant for some people and let them get away with it?
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:11 pm

If the Other-M fan comic had continued, how would have it ended?
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:06 am

Aaaaaaand that's that. Thanks to everyone participating. We'll be going over all these in the next episode of the BumbleKast, this Monday Jan. 25th.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Previous

Return to BumbleKast