BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Forum for questions and comments on the podcast series, BumbleKast

BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby Meliden » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:24 pm

So, it's out, so I guess this can be put up here?

Link to video

Brrr, that resort sounds like my worst nightmare, I just do not have the right personality to handle that.

Oh, uh, cliffnotes, probably not done on grey rocky coastlines with bright technicolour houses.

-Sonic, Shadow and Silver adventure - Question borderline not what should be asked, it'd make sense for them to go on an adventure together, maybe *shrug*, nothing planned but it'd be fun to see the interaction, caution about that sort of question.
-Stuffing in the bird or cooked in the pan - new to stuffing, only became a fan a year ago, shamefully admits to having a turkey and stuffing burger from the leftovers [but turkey and stuffing sandwiches are popular in the UK at Christmas. :/], no preference due to inexperience but his past ones have been in the bird, Kyle prefers in the bird, but doesn't mind cooked on its own or instant [NB: There are health warnings about stuffing cooked in the bird as it means the turkey is cooked but the stuffing may not, so it may still be filled with harmful and deadly bacteria. Happy eatings].
-Which TMNT incarnation is his favourite - Tie between first live action movie and current animated series, honourable mention for the 2007 TMNT film, thinks the first film holds up well, balance between light-hearted and serious, effects and athletics neat, memory about Casey Jones vs Raphael, Kyle agrees, also likes the second, but very cheesy, memory about Super Shredder figure being shorter than the turtle figures and in a goofy pose, not to say other incarnations were bad.
-Can Madonna have a crush on Sonic despite being human - refers to new incarnation where she's a GUN agent, crush refers to her concept art, one of the ideas in concept art was as Eggman's Fort was blown up Sonic jumps out, grabs talons of an Eagle [Sharps the Parakeet actually] to safety which also included the female love interest [wait, Madonna wasn't there was she? I have the book with that sequence, I only remember the band members being there], in Sonic '06 we got Elise and grabbing an eagle, wonders if its coincidence, falls under blanket of not getting into shipping wars, implied 'bonus' of bestiality means he really doesn't want to go there, realises it's a cartoon series but still beings up questions he's not cool with, might be a great admirer of his heroism as a substitute, confirms that she/the name is a reference to Topaz, part of a greater plan to get into looking at GUN.
-Thinks folks have calmed down on difficult questions over the years, learned what he will and won't answer for the most part.
-Would you rather press X to Jason or to Shaun [it's a reference to Heavy Rain, for those who don't know] - Ian gets reminded of the reference, goes with Shaun because it sounds like a bleating noise more and is therefore more entertaining [hey, there's a series called Shaun the Sheep, he's not wrong], Jason has too many syllables to sound fun, mentions the uncle in the second Assassin's Creed game who makes a Mario phrase reference/joke, Kyle would rather hold X to pay respects, Ian then chokes off mike.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 am

Holy crap, my first question that gets asked and I evoke the feeling of those crazy shippers in fandom, completely not my intention and I am feeling very embarrassed right now :oops:

I did not even consider I might sound like a crazy shipper for asking that, he he, what actually got me thinking about it was this funny art from chauvel between Sonic and Madonna Garnet, which to just seems like too funny of an idea to pass on.

Though I guess it is also because I am completely desensitized to mobian and human shipping because of all the ShadowxMaria I have seen through out the years. I am also kinda surprised Ian sounded afraid of what people might think of such a paring, I watched TMNT 2012 up to the beginning of season 3 and April and Donatello kiss, so I might have though this stuff had become normalized by that show.
User avatar
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 am
Location: Norway

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:35 am

Funny that Ian doesn't like having Sonic hook up with human women, considering those seem to be the only ones he gives a crap about, romantically
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Meliden wrote:-Stuffing in the bird or cooked in the pan - new to stuffing, only became a fan a year ago, shamefully admits to having a turkey and stuffing burger from the leftovers [but turkey and stuffing sandwiches are popular in the UK at Christmas. :/], no preference due to inexperience but his past ones have been in the bird, Kyle prefers in the bird, but doesn't mind cooked on its own or instant [NB: There are health warnings about stuffing cooked in the bird as it means the turkey is cooked but the stuffing may not, so it may still be filled with harmful and deadly bacteria. Happy eatings].


I've learned that Ian's palate is to be... maybe not pitied, but there are reasons to sympathize. ;)

-Which TMNT incarnation is his favourite - Tie between first live action movie and current animated series, honourable mention for the 2007 TMNT film, thinks the first film holds up well, balance between light-hearted and serious, effects and athletics neat, memory about Casey Jones vs Raphael, Kyle agrees, also likes the second, but very cheesy, memory about Super Shredder figure being shorter than the turtle figures and in a goofy pose, not to say other incarnations were bad.


Yeah, I can vouch for that.

-Can Madonna have a crush on Sonic despite being human - refers to new incarnation where she's a GUN agent, crush refers to her concept art, one of the ideas in concept art was as Eggman's Fort was blown up Sonic jumps out, grabs talons of an Eagle [Sharps the Parakeet actually] to safety which also included the female love interest [wait, Madonna wasn't there was she? I have the book with that sequence, I only remember the band members being there], in Sonic '06 we got Elise and grabbing an eagle, wonders if its coincidence, falls under blanket of not getting into shipping wars, implied 'bonus' of bestiality means he really doesn't want to go there, realises it's a cartoon series but still beings up questions he's not cool with, might be a great admirer of his heroism as a substitute, confirms that she/the name is a reference to Topaz, part of a greater plan to get into looking at GUN.


Heh, I did a whole thing about that not too long ago. One thing I didn't think to mention is that I think in the earliest stages, the Sonic/Madonna thing was probably meant to be more evocative of a Tex Avery cartoon, rather than anything implying outright bestiality.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:58 pm

Meliden wrote:-Sonic, Shadow and Silver adventure - Question borderline not what should be asked, it'd make sense for them to go on an adventure together, maybe *shrug*, nothing planned but it'd be fun to see the interaction, caution about that sort of question.


So...should I have not asked that question or what? :|
User avatar
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby Meliden » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:44 am

Basically, it edges very close to being a more specific fan idea, which Ian can't answer.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:50 am

Sheesh, those rules are getting tight!

I was gonna ask if Sonic will appear in next issue, but now I'm having second thoughts.
User avatar
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby KyleJCrb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Sheesh, those rules are getting tight!

I was gonna ask if Sonic will appear in next issue, but now I'm having second thoughts.


I'm afraid that Ian has specifically told me that even so much as bringing up that question is COMPLETELY off the table.

LordLaharlsVassal wrote:Holy crap, my first question that gets asked and I evoke the feeling of those crazy shippers in fandom, completely not my intention and I am feeling very embarrassed right now :oops:

I did not even consider I might sound like a crazy shipper for asking that, he he, what actually got me thinking about it was this funny art from chauvel between Sonic and Madonna Garnet, which to just seems like too funny of an idea to pass on.

Though I guess it is also because I am completely desensitized to mobian and human shipping because of all the ShadowxMaria I have seen through out the years. I am also kinda surprised Ian sounded afraid of what people might think of such a paring, I watched TMNT 2012 up to the beginning of season 3 and April and Donatello kiss, so I might have though this stuff had become normalized by that show.


I did realize it was most likely a tongue-in-cheek question, and like I've said before I tend to gravitate more toward funny/silly questions, so I hope you aren't too embarrassed or insulted by our response. It was a fun question!

Mavrickindigo wrote:Funny that Ian doesn't like having Sonic hook up with human women, considering those seem to be the only ones he gives a crap about, romantically


Why yes, I do believe that as a human himself, Ian would most likely give a crap about only human women romantically. I mean, I can't speak for him or anything...

Meliden wrote:There are health warnings about stuffing cooked in the bird as it means the turkey is cooked but the stuffing may not, so it may still be filled with harmful and deadly bacteria. Happy eatings.


That's a risk I'm willing to take. A delicious risk.
User avatar
KyleJCrb
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Arizona

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:37 pm

With all that in mind makes me wonder how many of my own questions are unanswerable.

Probably most of them.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:20 pm

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Unknownshadow675 wrote:With all that in mind makes me wonder how many of my own questions are unanswerable.

Probably most of them.


They're all answerable, it's just to what degree of answerable they are.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

Re: BumbleKast Episode #005 Discussion

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:35 am

KyleJCrb wrote:
LordLaharlsVassal wrote:Holy crap, my first question that gets asked and I evoke the feeling of those crazy shippers in fandom, completely not my intention and I am feeling very embarrassed right now :oops:

I did not even consider I might sound like a crazy shipper for asking that, he he, what actually got me thinking about it was this funny art from chauvel between Sonic and Madonna Garnet, which to just seems like too funny of an idea to pass on.

Though I guess it is also because I am completely desensitized to mobian and human shipping because of all the ShadowxMaria I have seen through out the years. I am also kinda surprised Ian sounded afraid of what people might think of such a paring, I watched TMNT 2012 up to the beginning of season 3 and April and Donatello kiss, so I might have though this stuff had become normalized by that show.


I did realize it was most likely a tongue-in-cheek question, and like I've said before I tend to gravitate more toward funny/silly questions, so I hope you aren't too embarrassed or insulted by our response. It was a fun question!


No problem, it made it extra fun and special :) , I will try to come up with more "fun" questions in the future.
User avatar
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 am
Location: Norway


Return to BumbleKast



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest