MM#52 -Worlds Unite 12/12 Discussion & Spoilers

Event forum to handle all the discussion across Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Mega Man, and Sonic Boom.

Re: MM#52 -Worlds Unite 12/12 Discussion & Spoilers

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:43 am

Or you're making it out to be a bigger issue than it actually is.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:27 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:or Charmy looking at a purple espio and saying "didn't you used to be purple?"

I always assumed that was intentional, to show Charmy's unfortunate situation after the whole Egg Grapes thing.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 am

Toby wrote:Or you're making it out to be a bigger issue than it actually is.

Not really. I just remember Ian talking about coloring/art errors every so often back in the early days of Sonic. Heck, he had a few art errors in Mega Man that he pretty much explained as soon as a thread opened up on an issue where it happened. So its not like I'm bringing up something that hasn't been brought up before.

I always assumed that was intentional, to show Charmy's unfortunate situation after the whole Egg Grapes thing.

I recall Ian saying it wasn't in an early "ask Ian" or something.There were also lettering problems that led to Amy saying "that's so girl" and having Mammoth Mogul saying that he was "incinerated"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:37 am

Ian is neither the editor/letterer nor the colorist so I'm not really sure what kinda strawman you're trying to pin on him or why. also Sega themselves seem to waffle on whether Espio is purple or magenta (he's a chameleon, he can change colors, whatever who cares)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm not saying its his fault. I'm just saying he has had bad luck when it comes to the art portraying certain points. It just seems like he talks about how the art portrayed something differently than what he had intended, and that just seems to be the leading thing that causes fan confusion in stories. That's all. Not making a judgement, just an observation.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:Ian is neither the editor/letterer nor the colorist so I'm not really sure what kinda strawman you're trying to pin on him or why. also Sega themselves seem to waffle on whether Espio is purple or magenta (he's a chameleon, he can change colors, whatever who cares)

I miss the days when he actually did change colour. One of the cooler parts about Chaotix was watching Espio go from purple to blue to green and back again!
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 am

Scruffy wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:Ian is neither the editor/letterer nor the colorist so I'm not really sure what kinda strawman you're trying to pin on him or why. also Sega themselves seem to waffle on whether Espio is purple or magenta (he's a chameleon, he can change colors, whatever who cares)

I miss the days when he actually did change colour. One of the cooler parts about Chaotix was watching Espio go from purple to blue to green and back again!

while not an official product, there's an Espio mod for PC Generations that includes a super form where he rapidly changes colors (also a Hyper Sonic mod that does this)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Scruffy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:06 am

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

while not an official product, there's an Espio mod for PC Generations that includes a super form where he rapidly changes colors (also a Hyper Sonic mod that does this)

Niiiiiiiiiiice... :mrgreen:
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:I'm still not entirely sure how Xander caused the time paradox and subsequent reset. There appear to be two theories:

1. He shot Sigma, thus severely damaging him and stopping the plan.

2. He shot the computer housing Sigma, thus destroying the equipment and preventing it all.

If #1, I find that really hard to believe. If #2, the subsequent art shows X examining the computer and it's totally fine. I seem to be leaning toward #2, but with an artistic error in regards to the damaged computer. What do you think?

So, is it possible to get a word of God on this one? I would really like to know what actually happened considering the entire arc 's resolution hinged on that moment, artistic errors or not.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:I'm still not entirely sure how Xander caused the time paradox and subsequent reset. There appear to be two theories:

2. He shot the computer housing Sigma, thus destroying the equipment and preventing it all.

If #1, I find that really hard to believe. If #2, the subsequent art shows X examining the computer and it's totally fine. I seem to be leaning toward #2, but with an artistic error in regards to the damaged computer. What do you think?

So, is it possible to get a word of God on this one? I would really like to know what actually happened considering the entire arc 's resolution hinged on that moment, artistic errors or not.

Xander shot Sigma with the Master Engine's power.

MM#52, Page 17 - We see the power of the Master Engine curling up Xander's arm, empowering him. We see him use that power to make a Genesis Portal. Pages 18-19, he uses the same power - established by the color and the previous page - to destroy Sigma.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:the machinery behind him was shown to be undamaged in the next panel though. I think it can just be handwaved away as "since Xander was using the energy of the reality-bending Master Engine, the gun can do whatever he wants it to in that moment"

I called it back in mid-september :p
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:37 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:

MM#52, Page 17 - We see the power of the Master Engine curling up Xander's arm, empowering him. We see him use that power to make a Genesis Portal. Pages 18-19, he uses the same power - established by the color and the previous page - to destroy Sigma.

Oooh! That makes a lot of sense then. I didn't realize he shot the energy out of the gun. Thank you for the explanation. Pretty cool stuff actually.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby 009* » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:

So that's how Sigma finally dies in the Archie series?
009*
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to WORLDS UNITE