Sonic Boom S1 E52: It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog

Subforum dedicated to Sonic Boom - the comic book, cartoon and videogame series.

Re: Sonic Boom S1 E52: It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgeh

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:27 am

x-files was a serious show but all the best episodes were the comedy ones imo
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:05 pm

If anyone thinks there's a better episode of Angel than the one where he turns into a muppet, I'm willing to fist fight over it.

Also praising My Little pony for "embracing lore" despite being "a dang toy commercial", when having an overarching, often multi-media, mythology given to the toys is bog standard practice for toy tie-in fiction is kind of hilarious.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Mikail » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:03 am

Mordum wrote:If anyone thinks there's a better episode of Angel than the one where he turns into a muppet, I'm willing to fist fight over it.

I know right? It's the first episode that pops into my head.

As for the Boom finale, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Eggman's legion of Doom was great. That 'not Ikea' bit was amusing. Thorton's Shadow, while maybe leaving something to be desired, did a sufficiently entertaining job as the one serious character in the show. I look forward to seeing more of him.

What I can take away from this is that Shadow seems to think somewhat highly of hedgehog-kind if he figures Sonic to be a disgrace to it. Could have something to do with that whole ancients business that was just barely mentioned in the games. Probably won't learn anymore than that, but that's fine.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:48 am

Mikail wrote:
Mordum wrote:If anyone thinks there's a better episode of Angel than the one where he turns into a muppet, I'm willing to fist fight over it.

As for the Boom finale, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Eggman's legion of Doom was great. That 'not Ikea' bit was amusing. Thorton's Shadow, while maybe leaving something to be desired, did a sufficiently entertaining job as the one serious character in the show. I look forward to seeing more of him.

What I can take away from this is that Shadow seems to think somewhat highly of hedgehog-kind if he figures Sonic to be a disgrace to it. Could have something to do with that whole ancients business that was just barely mentioned in the games. Probably won't learn anymore than that, but that's fine.

That's giving the Boom show far too much credit, I think.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Mikail wrote:

That's giving the Boom show far too much credit, I think.

Dude, can you just let people enjoy what they enjoy? It's really starting to come off petty now.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Arkus0 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:12 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:Question is, would Freiberger and friends be able to have Shadow's past in there with respect?

I very much doubt it since none of the other characters have had their back stories explained, Sticks being the biggest example. Boom seems to be more focussed on the present and any history the characters have is deemed not important unless it serves a joke, a reference (Knuckles being from Angel Island), or the plot of the week (Stick's guarding the door to the Frog people cave). Though Cubot's origins was an exception.
Arkus0
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:17 am

Don't worry, guys, I got this.

With apologies to Kurtz.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:49 am

Village wrote:I had written a long response. But I feel like I need to do work.

I will leave it at.

The show is visually deceiving in itself and the media that surrounds it.And it is not strong enough with what it is, to justify its self. I feel

It's just another example of SEGA screwing things up. Sonic Synergy could have been a cool thing, and Sonic Boom could have been a fun thing, but they had to shove them together and force ROL onto the Wii U.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Polish Pete » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

I will leave it at.

The show is visually deceiving in itself and the media that surrounds it.And it is not strong enough with what it is, to justify its self. I feel

It's just another example of SEGA screwing things up. Sonic Synergy could have been a cool thing, and Sonic Boom could have been a fun thing, but they had to shove them together and force ROL onto the Wii U.

I blame the Nintendo exclusivity deal. It's not like it did anything good for either SEGA or the fans.
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Polish Pete wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

I will leave it at.

I blame the Nintendo exclusivity deal. It's not like it did anything good for either SEGA or the fans.

And it was SEGA's fault for signing such a thing and expecting developers to be able to switch gears like that.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Well let's just continue to whine about it because that's changed so much in the past.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm

I mean... whining is delaying Fire & Ice right? Poor sales too, but those were likely the result of hearing lots of people whining about them.

Despite him being my avatar now, I've not actually seen the episode. I haven't even seen anything since episode 26. At some point I'll marathon but I just... it's so hard to get through this show. I can sit down and at least enjoy Underground and AOSTH for what they are but this thing is so... unpleasant. I never think any of the jokes are funny, the animation is always so stiff, I can't name a single character that feels like more than two seconds of thought were put into them, the environment being the same every episode means there's nothing interesting to look at, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, I'm just trying to make a conscious effort to voice my opinions on this franchise again. And it's Sonic, so I care about Boom enough to talk about it. But it's Boom, so it's really hard to have positive things to talk about. (I could resurrect the Rise of Lyric thread from it's last post in May. I have positive things to say about the story in that game. But I haven't actually played the game so it feels unfair to talk about it while ignoring gameplay, which is what everyone's problem with it is so...)
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Matt7325 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 am

Mikail wrote:

Smile Time is great but I think part of the reason it's so enjoyable is that it subverts and diverts so much from what the show is usually about. The same can be said for a lot of the most popular Buffy episodes - Hush, Restless, Once More With Feeling, etc. They're incredible pieces of art/entertainment but I'm hesitant to call them the "best" because they're just so different from the rest of the series. This is perhaps where the difference between "best" and "favourite" comes into play, Mr Semantics :p

For what it's worth, I see your Smile Time and raise you one Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been? (which is not without its own stylistic deviations, I admit)
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Village » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:37 pm

I feel like this episode may have benefited from being 30 minutes.
Toby wrote:Well let's just continue to whine about it because that's changed so much in the past.

Your on a forum. Folks will criticise.
Whats ya problen
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetaL Overlord » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Honestly , I Love Shadow'S Voice. He is a spot on Parody of the "Ow The Edge" Anti-Hero CLiche, everyone is Shadow making out to be , while the rest of the cast just doesn't take him seriously, except Eggman.
It's like TFS Abridged. Simply Amazing
MetaL Overlord
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to Sports Tape & Sonic Speed